June 30, 2006

Horror comes a-knockin' ... and the heart opens a door. (Yeah, right.)

Sometimes love appears in strange ways. It comes as an unexpected gesture, help unlooked-for, a kind word at the right moment. And sometimes, like today, it comes in the form of a horror so profound that it can only be meant as a gesture to help me to grow and to face my fears.

Today, a package appeared at my door. It was from my alterego, my muse, my biggest vice, my bitch-slave and secret lovah, DaMasta. First, I will show you the notes:

She is so thorough.

Her very own Mexican tongue
has sealed these envelopes!!!
¡Ay caramba!


¡Feliz Navidad!

(She doesn't know it's June.)

(It's OK, I love her even though she is not too bright.)

Oh, it's recycling.

I love that.

Forgive me for what I said about you being a dummy.

Me encantas.

Yes, I did in fact blog about this very thing.

The Icy Grip of Pure Terror

&

Bears as mermaids.

[Here's what DaMasta said back then: The humpty egg is actually kinda cute. But the snorkelers/mermaid men have. to. go. There's no need for that in a world like this. I guess she has changed her tune!]

Wait, you know I hate TBDOA*, right?!?!?!?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Oh, the humanity!

The only thing I loathe more than TBDOA is mer-creatures. They are so scaly, so strangely human. How do they procreate? Do they have a pouch like seahorses? How do they go poopy? What's with the shell-titties? All of these questions plague me.

Yet ... I can see what DaMasta is trying to do here. By making me look my fear straight in the eye, she is forcing me to grow and to become a better person. A tolerant person. A lover of all things vomitously adorable. Only she would encourage me to stretch my comfort zone in this manner.

In fact ... I have come to love the mer-bear.

I just hope I don't put it in my mouth:

Thank you DaMasta,

for showing me that I can look

beyond my prejudice

and find a wealth of compassion.

There is room in this world,

in this heart,

for everyone.

Even for the freaks.

Thank you for teaching me that.






*Teddy Bears Dressed as Other Animals

p.s. I am blessed with a wealth of gifts from my blog-lovers. See "... & they Bore Gifts" in my sidebar. Wow! I feel the love.

p.p.s. I will let you spread Velveeta on me if you buy me this. No pressure though (but it's jalapeño!)

5 comments:

jamwall said...

i have an entire loaf of wonder-tortilla with a government cheese-sized block of jalepeño valveeta and a VHS tape on how to lambada.

i will supply my sombrero. you will be naked of course..

Bill said...

Fresh peas. Stuffed bears dressed as mermaids. Obscure Latin references.

There is meaning here that eludes me ...

To which I say, "Bígaro!"

(I've no idea what that means but that's what Bablefish translates "Winkle!" into Spanish as.)

dizzy von damn! said...

it's horror will lead you to a better place.

send me a postcard when you get there.

Ninian said...

I LOVE that the "freaks" button took me to the Osmond's official website! (But the mousepad scares me a bit TOO much...)

DaMasta said...

It was from my alterego, my muse, my biggest vice, my bitch-slave and secret lovah,...


I am speachless.