January 26, 2006

Five Star Resort I: The Festivities Begin!



This is going to be the best weekend ever. Monkey is flying all the way from Maine to visit me! He should arrive Friday afternoon, and is planning on spending the entire weekend. We've been planning it for weeks, from this invitation to Monkey's anticipatory post. Now the day is actually here!!!

Today, a package arrived from Monkey. I think it was meant as a precursor, an appetizer of sorts. I don't know, maybe it was meant as a snack for him when he arrives. Either way, it just sets the tone!


the package arrives.



ooh, Harry and David!


cheesecake!



ooh, pretty.

I sampled for quality, and it is fabu.
It is pumpkin.
Monkey must have been peeking at my wish list.
My Fears.
That Monkey will not think I am as beautiful in person.
That he will not like how I smell.
That we might not live up to each other's expectations.
That we will both try to sleep on the same side of the bed.
That he won't like s'mores, which I plan to make.
That he will be homesick.
That he will not have a comfortable trip.
That I will grow too attached.
My agenda (subject to change).
Friday afternoon:
  • arrival
  • snack
  • icebreakers
  • getting acquainted
  • possible nap (together or, if not ready, in separate beds. I have made up a little bed for Monkey just in case)
Friday evening:
  • dinner
  • s'mores
  • movie
  • bed!
Saturday morning-afternoon
  • Spa day! mani-pedi, highlights, scalp treatment, massage, bikini wax
  • Shopping
  • Visit with niece.
Saturday evening
  • Dinner and Sleepover at Twirling Girl's
  • Games
  • Music, dancing
Sunday Morning-afternoon
  • Fabulous brunch
  • Sightseeing
  • open (any suggestions?)
Monkey's plans are to depart on Monday, and at this point the rest of the schedule is open, depending upon what he might want to do. I am sure he has ideas of his own.

I'm so excited, I might need to poop.

12 comments:

Friends of McDougal said...

Just make sure it's not jiggs in an apesuit.

Monkey said...

Like Jiggs in an ape suit would fool my Spinning Girl. I'm only 8 inches tall!

I can't wait! We're having a Sleep Over at Twirling Girl's?? This is so exciting.

I have the same fears. I shall have to enumerate them on my blog tomorrow. Today I noticed that I look like a ratty child's toy. My eyes are getting dull... maybe I have cataracts? My fur is falling out. My tail is not as lustrous as it once was. What if you don't LOVE me?

Monkey said...

P.S. The cheesecake is meant to be a snack for the two of us. I wanted to make sure there was cake...

I love cake.

miss kendra said...

i am turning green.

i think i might explode from jealousy.

why did i ever move to the other coast?

Calzone said...

Monkey likes it when you take naked pictures of yourself and send them back with him in the box.

Its wierd...but he likes it.

Rrramone said...

I hope you guys have a blast. This is so amazing, 2 people I have never met getting together because of blogging. What a world. SG, please tell Monkey to look at my blog. Especially at this post: http://happyholidaysfromwillie.blogspot.com/2005/12/try-to-worry-less-and-remind-me-to-do.html

DaMasta said...

Be sure to tickle him to make sure he's a good laugher.

I c.a.n.n.o.t. date a bad laugher.

Monkey said...

**THWAP***

That was for Calzone.

Spinning Girl, if you open my rocket ship and I have a large pale plush belly, close the doors immediately and send me back home. It's not me.

Calzone said...

Spinning girl has fleas?

Jerry said...

poop regularly spinning girl it clears the "chi"...that's important during times like these.

Monkey's Human said...

Monkey does not have fleas! Good God. Now... the pooping is a concern. It tends to be spontaneous when he's excited, agitated or happy.

Beware.

jiggs said...

Like I would ever try to pass myself off as monkey. Unless spinning girl would fall for that, I would never do such a thing.

I don't know why I would do that, since I think girls are gross.

Also mani-pedi sounds dirty.