July 12, 2013

Today I Learned to Make a Puppet. A Puppet Like a Mitten.

This puppet is like a mitten.

How do play with this puppet? At first take your mitten and try to make it alive. Try to move the mitten and think what it can to talk to other mittens.
Which is its voice?

If you think up what person you want for your play then you must make a pattern. The pattern must be so big that it's will be cosy and handy for you. To main pattern you can add the ears. The ears sew on the head. The mittens can make of thick textile. The eyes can be button or make of paper.
See the pattern to make it
here.


(Really, I was searching for Teddy Bears Dressed as Other Animals, and I Googled the word "karu", which is Estonian for "bear", and I found this. It's sort of endearing, in a sad way ... isn't it? I want to move the mitten and think what it can talk to other mittens!!!)

21 comments:

LBseahag said...

I like how they spell cosy best...

that puppet would be fun on one night stands for hand jobs...
highly recommended...

Madge said...

It's...hopelessly adorable.

BadGod said...

I think you are so neat.

jiggs said...

I made a new ode for you.

ing said...

I really, really want to know which is its voice! I mean, come on, Spinning Girl!

Can I choose Tony Danza, pleeeease, can I?

Lightning Bug's Butt said...

Love puppet?

Weary Hag said...

hCute indeed. I can think of a few things I'd make the little bear mitten say.

Denny Shane said...

very cute! and clever ;)

FRITZ said...

You should totally come and see the wierd stuffed critters I found.
Sorry I've been absentee.

jamwall said...

ever make a puppet out of a couple of pork chops?

me neither..

DaMasta said...

OMG. How relieved was I that you didn't really write those words?! I thought, shit... Spinning's gone all druggy on us. Again.

MadMeer said...

I like crafts, but this puppet mitten is scary with it's big eyelashes and flirty smirk. I think I shall make you a puppet much cuter than this.

Monkey said...

I laughed out loud at the instructions. Thank you.

Please don't forget though... there is only ONE puppet for you. Don't soil our love with inferior mitten puppets and such.

Gyrobo said...

It's best not to make your mitten into a kitten after you've been frost-bitten in the kitchen.

Joe said...

Thats so cool!

Jess Riley said...

I love the translation. It reminds me of "All your base are belong to us."

hyena9 said...

how handy!

(sorry, I just couldn't RESIST!!)

gusgreeper said...

that is it im never making another sock monkey ever again!

Übermilf said...

I have a puppet pile at my house. I don't need any more.

It's macabre when they're all spread out on the floor ... their cold, dead eyes staring at the ceiling...their lifeless mouths hanging open...

Yeah. No more puppets, please.

Tits McGee said...

"The Simple Puppets."

Wasn't that an eighties band?

Osbasso said...

Seven months gone, and all you can do is a repost?!?!? ;-)

Hope all is well!