February 17, 2006

Mmmm. Eat.

In reponse to Jiggs' post about meat, I will now itemize the meats I have eaten.

BIRDS:
Chicken
Turkey
Goose
Duck
Pheasant
Grouse
Cornish Game Hen
Ostrich
Emu

HOOFED MAMMALS (includes cloven hoof)
Beef

Antelope
Venison
Pork, suckling pig too
Wild Boar
Sheep
Lamb
Goat
Elk
Bison


NON-HOOFED MAMMALS
Rabbit


FISH
Salmon
Bass
Tuna
Perch

Red Snapper
Bluegill
Mackerel
Trout
Pollock
Catfish

Grouper
Carp
Pickerel
Mahi Mahi
Tilapia
Monkfish (and vowed never to eat again after I found out what it looked like)
Swordfish
Eel
Cod
Haddock

& others, probably too numerous to mention ...

ARTHROPODS
Lobster
Crayfish
King Crab
Blue Crab

MOLLUSKS
Squid
Octopus
Clams
Oysters
Mussels
Scallops
Conch
Escargot, whatever type of snail that is

REPTILIANS
Alligator

MISCELLANY / UNIDENTIFIED
Tube Steak
Eggs
Caviar
Tube-shaped meat I found in Wonton Soup & wrote to unnamed Soup Behemoth about
Bologna
Liverwurst
Olive Loaf
Headcheese (sült)
Spam
Jerky
Blood Sausage
Meat Loaf



MEATS I WILL NEVER EAT
Insect
Spider
Monkey
Manatee
Horse
Zebra
Any African exotic meat, except maybe gazelle or antelope
Any mammalian or avian predator
Brain
Tripe
Tongue
Ovary
Rodents
Cat
Snake
Dog
Human (unless stranded)
Baby Seal
Whale

With any luck, this list will grow & grow as I discover and remember more meats. This may in fact be the very best post I have ever written.


14 comments:

dizzy von damn! said...

i agree.

this post moved me in many ways.

Willie Baronet said...

I've eaten raccoon.

Photoflower said...

In the time that it took me to read the post, write a comment that I then deleted and now write another comment, three people have replied. This post repels me, yet I cannot look away!


I've eaten smoked black bear. It tasted like brisket.

Monkey said...

I'm so pleased to read that you will not eat monkey.

Bill said...

I have no idea what meat I have eaten. One of my guiding rules of dining is, "Don't ask what it is!"

I don't wanna know. Fine dining is predicated on blissful ignorance.

madge said...

Yes - this really is the very best...

LBseahag said...

Do you have Tube steak on your icecream list????

LBseahag said...

that meathead looks like Richie Cunningham...

Crystal said...

I can't tell if that baby seal picture saddens me because it's a baby seal or because it looks like Frosty the Snowman.

Never mind. It's definitely the seal. I'd eat me some Frosty with a little cherry juice! Mmm mm!

Anonymous said...

How could you forget sunfish? We've eaten hundreds of them!!

Izzie said...

Am I the only one completely freaked out by that meat/face pic? Shudder

And technically, did you actually eat the tube shaped meat in the won ton? Or did you just notice it, freak out, and send it to them in the post?

Tumbleweed said...

I love the list! I popped over here from Jiggsy's place to tell you that. I'll be back...you've been warned! :)

Lex said...

This is an awesome list. I love it.

I'm not sure if I can say bad words here cos' I really want to right now.

Butchie said...

Bologna, yardbird, squirrel, coon & bacon. That's it.