December 30, 2008

MMM Eat [NOW UPDATED!!!]

New meats in PURPLE.


In reponse to Jiggs' post about meat, I will now itemize the meats I have eaten.

BIRDS:
Chicken
Turkey
Goose
Duck
Pheasant
Grouse
Cornish Game Hen
Ostrich
Emu

HOOFED MAMMALS (includes cloven hoof)
Beef

Veal
Antelope
Venison
Pork, suckling pig too
Wild Boar
Sheep
Lamb
Goat
Elk
Bison


NON-HOOFED MAMMALS
Rabbit


FISH
Salmon
Bass
Tuna
Perch

Red Snapper
Bluegill (sunfish)
Mackerel
Trout
Pollock
Catfish

Grouper
Carp
Pickerel
Mahi Mahi
Tilapia
Monkfish (and vowed never to eat again after I found out what it looked like)
Swordfish
Eel
Cod
Haddock

Walleye
Butterfish
& others, probably too numerous to mention ...

ARTHROPODS
Lobster
Crayfish
King Crab
Blue Crab
Shrimp

MOLLUSKS
Squid
Octopus
Clams
Oysters
Mussels
Scallops
Conch
Escargot,
whatever type of snail that is

ECHINODERMS
Sea urchin

REPTILIANS

Alligator

MISCELLANY / UNIDENTIFIED
Tube Steak
Eggs
Caviar
Salmon Roe
Tube-shaped meat I found in Wonton Soup & wrote to unnamed Soup Behemoth about
Bologna
Liverwurst
Olive Loaf
Headcheese (s├╝lt)
Spam
Jerky
Blood Sausage
Scorpion (it was in a lollipop)
Meat Loaf


MEATS I WILL NEVER EAT
Insect
Spider
Monkey

Spider Monkey
Manatee
Horse
Zebra
Any African exotic meat, except maybe gazelle or antelope
Any mammalian or avian predator
Brain
Tripe
Tongue
Ovary
Rodents
Cat
Snake
Dog
Human (unless stranded)
Baby Seal
Whale

With any luck, this list will grow & grow as I discover and remember more meats. This may in fact be the very best post I have ever written.


8 comments:

jamwall said...

I am NOT a tube steak!

Osbasso said...

Gotta ask about the Rock Mountain oysters...

tuuna taco said...

you forgot crappie

and put dolphin on the "never" list.

jiggs said...

Thanks for the link spinner! You Habe eaten way more meat than me. I mean, there was that one time when I was drunk in college with my roommate... Anyway happy new year!

LBseahag said...

I leave blogger for like five minutes and i come back and find u and Jamwall are an item? That is so rad. I think i want to go to the weddding. Hey, I am gonna be in Cape Cod this year. hold of til i can get there.

LBseahag said...

sea urchen tasted like Meatloaf. But I would eat Meatloaf's son, he was hot on that cell phone commercial.

Twirling Girl said...

Ewwww...makes me want to become a vegetarian! Did you mention haggis?

Twirling Girl said...

Word ver is "nouts"...reminds me of another thing I won't eat, snouts!