January 19, 2008

[NOW UPDATED!] Are you ready for art school?: A Spinning Girl Contest

Are you a Michelangelo trapped inside the body of a regular guy or gal? By golly, I think you are! And it's time for you to tap into that hidden talent! If you're not convinced, watch this stimulating, fast-paced, modern, inspiring video:




Now if you're ready, please draw one of the following characters and submit it to me. I will judge your work and if I choose your drawing* as the winning entry, I will mail you a fabulous prize! First, the rules:

1. You are not limited to hand drawn-sketches (although I have received one that is quite enthralling from Tits McGee). You may represent the subjects in any media, including sculpture, still-life, photography, written piece (haiku, short story, recipe), live reenactment with living animals, MS Paint, video, collage, yarn art, knitting, hokked rug, etc. No mimeographing!

2. You must email me your entry by midnight (EST) on January 31. That's 2 short weeks in which you could change your life!

3. You may submit as many entries as you like.

Good luck! Now sharpen your pencils!

Here are your lucky subjects (choose just one ... or draw all three in a ménage à trois ... whatever tickles your pickle!):



* notice I did not say If I decide your drawing most closely resembles the original in any way.

If you liked this, you may be interested in past contest-related posts.

7 comments:

Lightning Bug's Butt said...

I remember that commercial.

Unfortunately, I can't draw anything more than a conclusion. So I can't enter your neat-o contest.

But I hope you post some of the entries!

Think Frustrated said...

Did that heart say, "I love you Stupid?"

Ok, I know it didn't, but to loosely quote soon-to-be-father Matthew McConaguguggueyeuehey, "It'd be a lot cooler if it did."

Tits McGee said...

I am so all over this.

jamwall said...

So far I have an evil stick man dropping a piano on Bambi.

Think Frustrated said...

I did a little art over on my blog, if you're interested....

It's riveting.

Kat said...

Good lord. Where do i start? I need more rules please.

Edge said...

I know this is off topic, but yes, women's back's are sexy!

~Jef