March 12, 2007

Reason #88,241 why I love my job.

We are practicing scientific illustrating for the big science expo project that is underway in my 8th grade science class. I gave the kids an assignment to draw something, anything --- any lab procedure, with just 3 simple rules:




1. Use rulers for all straight lines


2. Labels must be horizontal


3. Don't draw hands unless you know how.




I didn't specify what lab to illustrate, since we are still in planning stages of choosing our topics. I told them they could even draw an imaginary procedure that they might perform in the future.




Here is what Sarah gave me:



Brilliant, eh? This is the same girl, by the way, who was the mastermind behind My Little Boa.


My kids rock. My class rocks!!!

6 comments:

jamwall said...

of course she's brilliant! she's your student!

jiggs said...

I am rather confused by the picture. it seems like absurdist art. Is the weighing of the bathing suits symbolic of my guilt and shame over having 3.5 testicles?

Ginamonster said...

I understand the bathing suit thing, it's a great idea, actually. But I don't understand the surgery.

ajooja said...

The good teachers always made up for the bad ones. I guess it's the same for students.

Madge said...

Love it!

Lightning Bug's Butt said...

Very bright girl.