In this next one, called "My Little Boa", there's a simple objective (a Candyland-like path), but the player in possession of the board has to wear a feather boa and a tiara; there is also a song that goes with it. The loser has to wear a plastic bucket on her head.
I loved this one, a trivia game based upon Cheaper by the Dozen, or something like that.
By far the best game, an actually marketable game, was this one called "Penguin Wars, a battle strategy game involving conquest of igloo-building territory and materials.
Here is the board all set up for play:
And here are the little game pieces, drawn by the student in a drawing program, miniaturized, and mounted on foam squares. Have you ever seen penguin snipers or swordsmen? How about heavy gunners? Cavalry!??!!?

I love my job.
8 comments:
i created a board game called "cowbell gene snorts the eastern seaboard."
my gamepiece (usually a cowbell or a molding of my penis) goes from state to state, i get chased by the authorities, i pay off dealers, fight off creeps in leather. my ability to keep up my supply of ho-ho's and mr. clean is contingent on how often i sell my body to wealthy widows.
That is very cool!
What a great job.
Happy heart day!
I am absolutely enamored of the penguins, and I want to wear a boa and tiara when I have control of the board.
Guess that means I have to go get a board to control now. And possibly a riding crop. That first sentence was kinda dirty-sounding. ;)
I want to be your student.
I love it! Especially "My Little Boa." How cute.
I hate the fact that your students are more creative than I will or have ever been.
And I'm sure that last sentence was not grammatically correct.
It just didn't FEEL right.
OH MY GOD!!!
I would pay for that in a heartbeat. And you can tell them that. And get a price...
oh, and i mean the penguins.
I love your job too. ;-)
Post a Comment