October 02, 2006

Shalom / party worthy / cork art

In honor of Yom Kippur (not Jewish but had the day off! yeah!) I had some people over, so I had to get my house more or less party-worthy. I think I did quite well considering that I have been living in a cardboard heap.

Everyone brought something; Quilting Girl asked if she should bring this ...

... or a salad? I chose the salad. So glad I did!

Here is my home 5 minutes before the guests arrived:

where the magic happens

the spinning bed; yes, I need art on my walls.

view to kitchen

living room table a la cheeses & dipping oils

living room ... does it not beckon?

not part of the soiree,

but I wanted you to see my kick-ass jewelry chest.

Then today my little friend came over and since

I have no toys, I let her play with my corks.

I have hundreds of corks ...

some of which she felt needed arranging.

18 comments:

miss kendra said...

now that's a girl after my own heart.

Kat said...

Is that can for real? WTF?
...and yes. Your jewelry chest kicks some serious ass.

jamwall said...

damn spinning!

nice place!

B.E. Earl said...

You sure the second pic (your bed) of your home isn't where the REAL magic happens?

If not...so sad.

Bill said...

Not sure what to think. Looks great but it's discouraging because my place should look like that. I don't do cleaning well.

Kitchen is great - looks a bit like mine (assuming mine were neat and clean).

I live in my kitchen by the way. Soon, however, I will be bidding it farewell. The real estate guywill be listing my place by the end of the week and then, who knows?

jiggs said...

say hello to my little friend!

Monkey said...

I LOVE YOU!

The arrangement of corks is quite sensible and well thought out. Color me impressed.

And yes, your living room does beckon.

Green Fish said...

Hundreds of corks=hundreds of bottles of wine. Add some spotted dick and you've got the makings of a party.

Friends of McDougal said...

Your home is quite nice. Have you ever had a bear sleep over? My man McDougal's on the road. That's the only reason I ask.

Freewheel said...

I think I'll post some pictures of my house the next time it's clean.

I love making promises that are premised on a condition that I know will never occur.

MadMeer said...

I like how the bed is nice and stabilized in the corner for that minimal floor scooching effect. You remain my hero. I would arrange your corks any day.

Brookelina said...

I'm coming over.

Tits McGee said...

You are delicious and I want to eat you up.

Anonymous said...

I think I may have opted for the Spotted Dick......just to see what the hell it was!!!

Friends of McDougal said...

Does anyone have a ruler handy?

Quilting Girl said...

I was just about to re-send the spotted dick picture! I thought that you didn't receive it since it was never mentioned! Silly me! :)

Naynayfazz said...

Nice house. I love the kitchen. And yes, the living room does beckon!

That little girl arranging your corks made me laugh. Kids are so cute!

I am glad you picked the salad, the dick sponge pudding looks um, nasty. :)

Sleep Goblin said...

Hooray, pictures of your house!!! Sorry it's taken me so long to come by and see the, but I do love your furniture! Especially your kitchen, huzzah!