June 24, 2006

The Down & Dirty Blog Frolic (I): My Ass is on Fire!

You may remember that a while back, I asked you to put me in the Hot Seat and ask me questions. Well, you delivered! Pull up a chair, it's a long one.

The Spinning Girl Interview


miss kendra said...
Q: are you hurt-- you know, from falling down from heaven?
Q: is that Windex in your pocket? because I see myself in your pants.
Q: if I had a big important party and invited you and gave you ample notice, would you attend?
A: The first time I tried to fly I took a running start, lifted my feet, & landed in a raspberry bush and scratched myself something terrible. Sometimes I carry rocks around in my pockets because I like to suck them for the salty taste. I can see you in my pants, too. What are you doing after? I would totally come to your party, especially if I can wear a gigantic puffy bridesmaid dress. Oh, I'm not saying it's your wedding, I just like to dress like that. With a bonnet and big sheep hook, maybe some adult-sized diapers if it's Sunday.

BadGod said...
Q: Ever licked any snatch?
Q: And what did you think of the total bullshit ending to the Dark Tower series?
A: I never lick and tell, but I will say that the new Edy's lo-fat creamsicle is the closest I've come to heaven. Can I go for a ride in your truck? Oh, and don't get me started on the Dark Tower debacle. Did he just run out of story all of a sudden? Here I was waiting for that book to change my life. Instead, I'm stuck in a bad Twilight Zone ending ... the ending that never ends. Darn you, Stephen King! Darn you to heck!

miss kendra said...
I have more questions, but I need more people to respond first.
Q: also, how serious can this get?
A: Just don't make me cry like you did last time.

Weary Hag said...
Q: When you were a very little girl, did someone repeatedly smack you over the head with a bear dressed in costume? Just wonderin.
A: Actually, my obsession with TBDOA did not begin until July of 2005, when I became a blogger. I tend to obsess about things in series, then forget about them. Other things that have held my obsessive attention: Adult women in baby bonnets, licorice, certain bloggers (yourself included, of course), Absolut Mandarin, Uruguayan cigarettes, Estonian songs, and the constellations. That's the short list. Also, have you actually looked at the teddy bears' faces? They are suffering!

B.E. Earl said...
Q: With your incredible spinning talents, is there any way that you can rearrange the alphabet so that I could be next to u? (following miss kendra's lead there) PS - two incredibly difficult lower case L's in my word verif today.
A: I wrote an email to
dictionary.com, but I got this stock answer:
Dear Ms. Girl,
Thank you for your query. We will process your email and a representative will respond to you within 72 hours. Due to the volume of mail that we receive, we cannot guarantee a personal response unless your question is one that needs to be handled by one of our knowledgeable members in the research department.
Sincerely,
Näksi Peeru
Dictionary.com Customer Service Representative


Freewheel said...
Q: Boxers or briefs?
A: Yes.

tits mcgee said...
Q: Are those space pants you're wearing? Because your ass is out of this world.
A: It has its own weather system.

gracie said...
Q: did you eat lucky charms for breakfast? because you're looking magically delicious.
A: I'm fun for a girl and a boy.

LBseahag said...
Q: What's more important- length or girth?
A: For this answer, I must draw upon my vast athletic background. I would say that in the pole vault, length is key. In the balance beam, a little extra girth makes all the difference. Of course, in surfing, one depends solely upon the motion of the ocean.

BadGod said...
Q: OK, this might seem odd (even for me), but you know that song "Sunny Came Home"? Yes? Great......what the fuck is that song about? I mean this chick named "Sunny" comes home and sits in the kitchen with a book and some tools and a vengeance and shit, right? Then there is this "dry is good and wind is better and counting and then striking matches and shit"...What the fuck!? Then shit's burning down and she's alright? Huh? This song won awards and shit? I am usually pretty good at figuring this stuff out, but I am at a loss every time I hear this lyrical mumbo-jumbo.
A: I have thought about this question long and hard (see above). I think she is pissed off, and comes home and sets a big fire, then grabs the kids, a sweater, a book, and her keys, and goes out for sushi.

Brooke said...
Q: What would you do if you won 20 million in the lottery?
A: Of course, I would blog about it. Duh!

MadMeer said...
Q: Do you ever listen to a song and, instead of singing the real words, make up your own? And are those words sometimes not even words, but sounds that you make up to fill in the empty spaces of the song so you can fit more singing in?
A: Here are some of my favorite examples:
1. (Macy Gray--I Try) I try to say goodbye and I choke; Try to walk away and I stumble; Though I try to hide it, its clear; I wear goggles when you are not here!
2. (CCR- Lodi) Just about a year ago, I set out on the road, Seekin' my fame and fortune, lookin' for a pot of gold. Things got bad, and things got worse, I guess you will know the tune. Oh Lord, Stuck in Old Diane.
3. (Elton John--Goodbye Yellow Brick Road) What do you think you'll do then? I bet that'll shoot down your plane; It'll take you a couple of accurate townies, To set you on your feet again.
I smell a blog post! Do you?

jiggs said...
Q: My question: could you strip bare and expose yourself to me?
Q: Who would you rather do: Newton, Hawking or Gauss?
A: You are, of course, talking about a spiritual stripping. I am yours to devour. As for the geniuses, I assume by "do" you are using a slang term meaning "style one's hair", so in that case I choose Hawking, since he has trouble getting his arms up there.

Bill said...
Q: Silly question: Have you ever been naked in Toledo?
Q: Not so silly question: Why are you not writing more fiction and/or poetry? (Or if you are, where is it?)
A: No, but I have been fully dressed in Cedar Rapids, and that's nothin' to sneeze at. As for the fiction, I just haven't had the mental energy. It is rather hard for me to write fiction; I am much better at the semi-truthful anecdote. I hope to explore my fiction side this summer when I have more time (the 8th graders and their needs have sucked all my teats dry, but I should be fully replenished in a week or so). I'll start by rejoining Purgatorian's Flash Fiction Friday.

Madge said...
Q: Scariest moment ever (you know, sweaty palms, racing heart, etc.)?
Q: Did you always want to be a teacher? When was the defining moment?
Q: I remember reading, months back, something about you suddenly discovering you had the most fabulous hair in the universe. I'm hoping this happens to me, too. I'd even be happy with second most fabulous hair in the universe. Any advice to get me there sooner than later? Tips? Or, just tell the story again! Please!
A: I don't think I have ever been fully terrified. My mind did snap when I rode the Millennium Force, and I was petrified, but knew I was safe. I felt like the world dropped out from under me on September 11, 2001.
A: I remember saying I wanted to be an English teacher back in 7th grade, but I went to school for physical therapy. When I got wait-listed for the school of PT at UConn, I had to make a decision, and I decided to teach; I had always wanted to teach PT, anyhow, and my mom talked me into trying it, as she is a teacher too. I am so glad she did!
A: As for the hair, I am afraid to give you tips, for I do not want to compete with you in the fabu hair department (I already have some pretty stiff competition). But I will say the following:

1. Highlights.
2. No perms, not ever.
3. Hot rollers
4.
Aveda Elixir

Freewheel said...
Q: You're still on vacation? Jeez, are you from Europe or something?
Q: OK, another one. Have you ever written something and destroyed it (torn it up, deleted it, whatever) because it was something you never wanted anyone else to read? If so, what was it about?
A: Maine is in Europe, right? Felt like it, anyway. [EDIT: Even after reading Freewheel's question 7 times, and writing a reply, I never realized he said "from Europe". I thought he said "in Europe". So the answer to that question is yes; I model myself after the Swedes in my love of both vacations and salted fish.]
A: I haven't torn up any of my writing, but I do post it on my other top-secret blog so that it's out there for people to read, & then suggest medications for me. If I don't want anyone to read something, I don't write it. You should hear the ranting in my pre-sobriety journals. After I croak, someone is going to get a kick out of deciphering that noise.

miss kendra said...
Q: what was it that made you go to the doctor and find out you had MS?
Q: have you ever engaged in inappropriate behaviors with someone who was otherwise involved?
A: I went to the neurologist because my feet were numb, and as much as I tried to ignore it, I knew there had to be some underlying cause. An MRI revealed "spots" on my brain (sclera) and then a spinal tap (the most fun you can have with a needle!) confirmed MS-related proteins in my cerebrospinal fluid. After the foot numbness went away, I experienced no further symptoms, and am hoping I can hang out in this place for a while. Sometimes I get little pins-and-needles sensations all over my body, but I think it's just because I am thinking about me, Jiggs, BadGod, and Jamwall sharing a special moment in the ball pit.

A: Inappropriate? Hmmm. Is it inappropriate to break a 4-poster bed? No? OK, let me think. Does a common-law wife count? How about an extremely close, nosy neighbor? No? Hmmm. OK, then the answer to your question is no.

jamwall said...
Q: Crisco or Velveeta? and should I use a flyswatter next time?
A: I'm sorry I was bad.

Bill said...
Q: I have another question: where are my pants? Thank you.
A: Are you still looking for those? That was weeks ago. Here, I had them dry-cleaned. The ruffles got a little bit worn by the dry-cleaning fluid, but they're still pretty.

Bill said...
Q: My last question, about the pants, was kind of stupid. So you can ignore that one. Here's one that's a bit more of a puzzler - requires more work. Actually, it is a two-parter:
1) What is happiness?
2) What makes you happy?
3) Why does water always sound good?
(Okay, I threw in that last one as a freebie. I'll even answer it: because it's water.)
A: I liked the pants question. Now you are making me work!
1) That's easy. Happiness exists in all the places where the soul is in contact with the universe.
2) The symphony. Iced tea. Loving friends. People I can rely on. A belly-laugh. Feeling needed. The cry of a hawk in a crisp, clear morning. The first snow. Harley noise. Avocados. Coyotes. Suzanne Vega. A fresh-picked apple or tomato. Peas straight from the pod. Windy weather. Sisters. Feather comforters. Shall I go on?
3) Because it knows it is water.


t2ed said...
Q: What would you be doing for a living if you weren't a teacher?
Q: And now a silly one: If they were making a TV sitcom about your life, who would be cast in the starring role?
Q: Bonus points for rounding out the supporting actors and wacky next door neighbors.
A: I would do stand-up comedy, assuming I was already established & didn't have to work too hard to make a name for myself. In my TV sitcom life, I would be a blend of Margaret Cho and Jenna Elfman (of Dharma & Greg), 2 people I have been likened to (then again ... Mimi is also in that category). For neighbors I would definitely want the entire cast of The Office. But I don't feel like working too hard right now thinking about the storyline, I just drove home from Maine for chrissake.

BadGod said...
Q: I have one more question: What do teachers do all summer?
A: Some teach summer school, some travel, work other jobs, write, enjoy their kids. This particular teacher hangs out at the pool, reads, takes short trips, writes, blogs, and tries to decompress. This summer I am also going to choir camp (yes it is true!) and moving my shit into a new house.

Q: Ever had a pillow fight that went too far? (or not far enough?) Ok, so that's two more. Whatever.
A: As in nosebleed far? Yes. Not far enough, as in no broken leg? Yes.

Slyde said...
Q: I WANT to ask something, but I can't think of anything that isn't dirty......
A: That's because you are bad. Come here. Momma's gonna spank the bad boy.

DaMasta said...
Q: If I was hairy, would I still be allowed on the pigpile?
Q: I think I failed you, do you still love me?
Q: Have you ever dated anyone as smart as you?
A: Ummm, I thought you were hairy. You're not? Hmmm, I need to reconsider my PP criteria.
A: In what way have you failed me? Better not tell me because I haven't noticed, and I would still love you if I knew, but I would do so coolly and with a condescending gaze.
A: Yes. Most of my earlier boyfriends were quite smart. Shepherd Boy was a genius. Recently, I have had bad luck in this arena of my life. For some reason, I allow my time to be wasted by some pretty big losers.


Juliabohemian said...
Q: How come you are still single when you are clearly intelligent and sexy?
A: Because I am holding out for Absolutely Extraordinary. Is that too much to ask?

BadGod said...
Q: One more question.... If Darth Vader was holding you hostage and had the Death Star pointed at earth.........would you give up the location of the rebel base, knowing that he was gonna destroy earth anyway? Or would you lie about the location of the rebel base.....wait a minute......he's gonna blow up earth anyway!
Thanks for nothing Spin Girl.
A: I would probably invite DV in and ask him to explore his chakras to find out where he is harboring his negative energy, then give a cleansing green-tea body-mask. He'll be the one thanking me when he finds himself rejuvenated, refreshed, and deeply soothed.

"K" Fingerett said...
Q: Um.. two days left till or of what? Just wondering..
A: I don't understand what the hell you just said.

tits mcgee said...
Q: Who loves ya, baby?
A: Is this a trick question? You're not trying to turn me on to Jesus, are you? OK then.

Ricardo Montalbán said...
Q: What I would like to know, dear Spinning Girl, is where you have been all my life. And also how you learned to do that thing with your tongue.
A: When you were sporting that chest plate in Khan, I was sitting right in front of you ... one hand jamming popcorn past my headgear and the other fiddling around inside my halter top. Didn't you see me? Also, the tongue thing is genetic, if you remember your 9th grade biology.

Madge said...
Q: Did you ever want to run away as a kid?
A: I did run away. I packed a suitcase with all my Little House books, my rocks, and a T-shirt, and marched down the driveway. The suitcase got heavy at the bottom so I stuck it in the ditch and walked around the block. I was home in time for The Electric Company.

MadMeer said...
Q: What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Q: Who is Paul Fusco?
Q: Under what circumstances are Hawaiian shirts ok?
Q: What is the most creative excuse you've ever used to get out of work?
Q: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Q: Would you consider getting a tattoo of a heart with a banner wrapped around it that says "I heart Mad M?"

I'm just checking on that last one.

A: Mint Oreo.
A:
This guy?
A: When hiding in the hibiscus from a raging saber-toothed tiger
A: I once called in and said my car had been plowed in & I couldn't get out.
A: A 100-year-old lady
A: Ummm, hello, did you not get the picture of my tushie? I'll send it again.

14 comments:

Bill said...

Whoo-hoo ... dry-cleaned pants! (I can't believe you answered all those questions.)

I'm going to see if I can't find an avocado colored coyote that sings Suzanne Vega songs at the first snow ... I'd like to send it to you. The Harley noise thing though ... well, maybe if the Harley is in the next county. But perhaps I over-react due to the number that whizz by my place with that loveable Harley roar.

Sorry ... motorcycle noise is a bee up my bum.

Bill said...

Motorcycles would be so cool if they had mufflers!

BadGod said...

I think it's pretty clear who the best question asker is.


(me.)

Oh, and by a 'pillow fight that too far...' question.....I MEANT getting naked and stuff. 'Cause all women do that stuff when no one is around.
I am so happy I am not the only pissed off Dark Tower person out there. That series jumped the shark during "The Wolves of Calla."




That is all.

Weary Hag said...

Cool answers.

Spinning Girl said...

I was actually going to give you (BadGod) ups for being the best asker, but I didn't want to imply that the other questions were bad.

Oh, you mean THAT kind of pillow fight. Usually that happens during slumber parties. First we braid each others' hair, and then while we are putting lipstick on each other things usually get a little out of hand.

I knew what you meant, you sickie.

jamwall said...

is it bright red?

Tits McGee said...

I am most decidedly not trying to turn you on to Jesus. I am, however, trying to turn you on to Telly Savalas.

dizzy von damn! said...

this was delightful.

bloglines isn't working so i didn't even know you were back yet!

i'm so sad i lost a whole day with you.

jiggs said...

I will respond to your answers with another question: why do you have to be so smart and sexy?

Anonymous said...

Spinning, you are the best!

p.s. you arent the only one who got majorly POed at the Dark Tower Series... As a Huge fan of SK (read every one of his books), Dark Tower was held in high regard by me. I agree that with WOLVES oF CALLA, he basically turned the book into a BACK TO THE FUTURE mess, but for me, the book took a major hit when he likened the group to the wizard of oz, and they had to click there heels together to get into a building. LAME!

jiggs said...

Additionally, I would like to add that I didn't mean spiritual stripping. I meant emotional. just kidding. I meant physical. Yes, imagining you bent over a maserati is just what the doctor ordered.

DaMasta said...

Oh good. I am. Hairy, that is. I was just checkin.
I think I'll keep my mouth shut on the failing you part. Just love me with all of you. That's all.

Willie Baronet said...

Oh, you spinning goddess. I completely missed out on the questions. That is what I get for traveling and being too busy.

Just so you know, I would have been the best asker.

Crystal said...

I am going to ignore that little "Badgod is the best asker" comment since you have a tattoo dedicated to me on your behind and you wear goggles when I am not near.