May 01, 2006

The Freiya Meme

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Being surrounded by the splendor of nature while with a favorite person.

What is your greatest fear?
Being forgotten.

What vehicles do you own?
A sporty little mini-SUV, a kayak, and a bike named Mona.

What is your greatest extravagance?
Starbucks coffee and hair products.

What is your most unappealing habit?
Soaking my dirty dishes in a sink full of hot soapy water for days on end (I keep changing the water but I won’t wash the dishes).

What is your most treasured possession?
My leather chest full of photos. No, wait, my box of old letters. No, my retainer. I give up.

Where would you like to live?
Cape Cod.

What makes you depressed?
Lonely old people.

What do you most dislike about your appearance?
My gadonkadonk. Oh wait, I thought you said which part of me is the most fabu? OK then … Dislike? Hmmm. I don't dislike my appearance.

Who would play you in a movie of your life?
Margaret Cho. Except, with penises.

What is your favourite smell?
Lilac. No, Lily of the Valley. No, fresh-brewed coffee. No, the wind before a thunderstorm. I give up! This is harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd! (said in that whiny teenaged voice)

What is your favourite word?
Currently, "shit-ton". Previously, "torque", "vajayajay", and "ergo". Also, "flail."

What is your guiltiest pleasure?
I don’t feel any guilt about my pleasures. Life’s delights are fabu, seize them all. Among them: Wine (alas, no more for me), fresh flowers every week, painted toes, bouncing curls of hair, good cheese, walks in the rain with a Monet umbrella, fresh-ground-fresh-brewed strong coffee with half and half, big flowers on your pocketbook, reading in the sun … shall I go on?

What, or who, is the greatest love of your life?
What: Music, and teaching. And my family.
Who: Ahhh ... don't touch that spot, it's tender.

What is your greatest regret?
.

What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
Being passionately in love with someone who loves me back just as much.

What keeps you awake at night?
The train. Oh, wait, is this supposed to be deep? Well then … being aware of my own nostrils.

What song would you like played at your funeral?
"Answer” by Sarah McLachlan, followed by the middle movement of Mozart’s Clarinet Concerto (listen and you shall know why).

How would you like to be remembered?
As someone who touched your life.





Thanks,
Freiya! Now you play.

10 comments:

Tits McGee said...

I heart hair products, lilac, Cape Cod, "flail," and your gadonkadonk.

Anonymous said...

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
A life with no stress, no deadlines, familial contentment, and endless Summer (and if you think ill ever have THAT, i've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you).

What is your greatest fear?
Getting old, being alone and unable to fend for myself. It scares me to death...

What vehicles do you own?
Sebring Convertible

What is your greatest extravagance?
My totally-pimped out Super Computer that i can run all the latest Geeky games on.

What is your most unappealing habit?
Being overly negative (the glass is NEVER half full).

What is your most treasured possession?
My son... i never did anything before or since that will make me happier...

Where would you like to live?
Sunny CA? Maybe Japan? Actually, good old Long Island is A-OK with me...

What makes you depressed?
Ditto on the Lonely old people. See my fears on getting old for confirmation.

What do you most dislike about your appearance?
My hair. My hair is pin straight and i always thought it would be cool to have wavy hair. My curly-haired friends think im a jackass for thinking this...

Who would play you in a movie of your life?
Armande Assante. Or maybe Scott Baio.

What is your favourite smell?
My son's skin right after i get him out of the bathtub and fluff him with baby powder.

What is your favourite word?
Tough one. Lets go with "Onus"

What is your guiltiest pleasure?
Reality Tv. I'm a Survivor/American Idol/Real World/Surreal Life whore....

What, or who, is the greatest love of your life?
My son (If i pick my son over my wife, is that some kind of Paternal-Oedipal thing?)

What is your greatest regret?
Not taking a chance on my career as an artist.

What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
Being finanically independant (and without people dependant on me) to pursue the things i want to REALLY do with my life..

What keeps you awake at night?
Mostly just that getting old thing again... it's quite the eye-opener for me..

What song would you like played at your funeral?
"Here i go again", Whitensnake

How would you like to be remembered?
100 years from now, if i even AM remembered by anyone, i'll consider it a personal victory and slap someone a high-five in Heaven.

jiggs said...

I don't believe in guilty pleasures either.

Also, I'm pretty damn happy you didn't really dislike your badonkadonk. That would have thrown me into a rage.

madge said...

I think you are fabulous, and I mean that from the bottom and top (because the top is usually neglected!) of my heart.

Truly: I heart you!

DaMasta said...

I'd like to remember you as touching me, as well.

When Margaret Cho came to the Improv in Houston last year, there was a big riot and hundreds of people called the Improv to try to get her off the schedule. She came anyways and rocked da house.

DaMasta said...

I do the damn same thing with my dishes. First I'll let them sit there. Then, I'll soak them for a day. Then, I'll pour out the water so I don't get gnats. Then, I'll soak them again right before I wash them. Then, I'll put on yellow rubber gloves and go to town. Also, I gag frequently when washing dishes.

It's exhausting, really. It takes me a good week to wash a single load of dishes.

DaMasta said...

Oh, my tag is up.

Wha..? You didn't tag me..? Uh.. yes you did. You must have been drunk.

Scarlet Traces said...

oh, i have a meme named after me! thanks spinning girl, you are the very very best :)

Anonymous said...

i'm a dish soaker too - and sweetie, that word is Badonadonk - oh yeah, and you have touched lives

Anonymous said...

I beg to differ.