April 13, 2006

Blogger Swap-o-Crap 2006!

After the success of the debut of Blogger Swap-o-Crap, Fritz and I decided that it would be fun to do it again. Our plan: To swap crap and give directions as to what to do with the crap. From this experience, I have learned that despite our best intentions, sometimes greatness only happens once, like with Mr. Mister ... and it's OK. I just didn't feel the passion this time. But! Never fear, we did indeed exchange crap. We just didn't use it for its intended purpose. Still, it is a tale to tell, so here we go!:

I kissed my lobster finger puppet goodbye and sent her to Georgia. My directions instructed Fritz that she must show photographic evidence of the puppet interacting with at least 3 different people, such as bank tellers and traffic officers.

or

That she must put the lobster on the conveyor at the grocery store and try to pass it off as a real lobster.

My package arrives!
I love that Fritz wrote "Do not fold, spindle, or mutilate" on the label. And look ... A handwritten note from Fritz!

I intended to take the bears to dinner, I really did. But here is the trouble ... a grown woman asking for 4 separate place-settings for her bears leads people to believe she might be retarded. Like the woman I saw at the mall, who had a stuffed monster she kept talking to and a ponytail atop her head, pulled up with one of these things.

Also, I am single.

I don't want to be at dinner with bears when my potential mate walks in. I plan to pull out all those stops after we are already betrothed. Also, I just didn't get up the energy to do this.

But never fear! The bears did come to good use. I gave them to Goodwill. But before I did, I stripped the "Hottie" shirt off of the one and sent it to you-know-who, who is beside himself.

Here is what his human wrote to me:

Monkey LOVED his hottie shirt. He's been bothering Beck a lot lately, asking for a Barbie Dream House and a Barbie convertible, so when the shirt arrived, it was like heaven sent.

So in a way, Blogger Swap-o-Crap 2006 was a success after all, because it became a three-way. I have learned that you can't force a good thing; you have to let it grow organically. Thanks for playing with me, Fritz!

11 comments:

Mark Leslie said...

Blogger Swap-o-Crap - what a great idea, and a fun story behind the latest "tour"

BadGod said...

I would so send a pair of my swankiest boxers to whoever wanted them. I would even wash them first. Or not. Depends what day of the week I send them. Wednesdays are laundry day. Or I should say, "wash whatever is in reach because it's like 3am and I need to get some clothes clean and shit."

Unknown said...

So, if I'm reading this correctly, you're implying that when I take four real lobsters to dinner, I look retarded? C'mon, they look so cute with their little bibs...

The Dog of Freetown said...

This globally connected frenetic digitalised networked nuthouse webworld has gone mad.
And I like it.

Reminds me of people who kidnap garden gnomes then send the owners photos of them from famous spots around the world. I'm going to buy a gnome to tempt someone to do it - it's fantastic.

dizzy von damn! said...

even fritz couldn't beat the fear of bears dressed as other things.

at least you didn't burn them in the back yard.

S said...

I wanna play swap-o-crap too!!!!! Please! That is hilarious...do you know someone that owns a restaurant that you can go to and set up the bear thing?
Oh but, you already gave em away...boo hoo! LOL HHNT SG!

Bill said...

Ah, how I miss the shit hat now!

jamwall said...

i have some assless chaps i can trade with ya.

Stephanie said...

I love it!!! I wanna play too!!!

I have tons of crap to swap!!

FRITZ said...

Oh,my goodness. I MUST report what happened to Erasmus. He is loved very much in this household, although he appears to have a fetish for me when Michael is not looking.

Thanks for including this post, SG. I want you to know that I fully intend to partake in another blog Swap-O-Crap and really PARTAKE, other than simply mailing you some junk. But I love the fact the bears went to Goodwill, and I also love the fact that now Monkey is owning the Hottie shirt from my bear.

Also: that particular shirt was given to my by a convicted felon. So, Monkey, you're tainted!

Erasmus coming sooon......!

Anonymous said...

how did i miss this? I'm always late - dang - and i have loads of stuff to swap - no to just get rid of!

velma