November 10, 2005

My Box (I Get the Best Gifts, part IV)

Today in study hall, in belated honor of my birthday, Amy gave me an origami box that she had made (not Amy Campbell ... f*** you, Amy Campbell!) .


I opened the box to discover, inside of it ... another box!



Inside that box was ... you guessed it.


And then another, and another.


Inside the smallest box, there was a tiny little paper crane.


I am very moved by this present. More than by some others, even by the lobsters. Just the thought of this girl sitting and folding box after nested box to give me, touches me deeply.


I love that little crane. I put it back into the box ---> box---> box---> box---> box, to look at again tomorrow.

5 comments:

Melliferous Pants said...

Adorable present!

Harry Yak said...

it pains me to say what i am about to say because this was a sweet post and i can tell that this present means something to you but...i have to admit that i thought this was going to be a different type of post after reading the title.

Henrik Terkelsen said...

did you make the box ?

Nice Present

jiggs said...

This is cool. You should get this Amy Campbell one of them Russian dolls.

LBseahag said...

she's fishing for an A...

all Amy's are the same...