circa 1986
When Spinning Girl and her college dorm-pals went camping, they sometimes didn't have wood to burn, or the wood was too wet. Solution?: Burn old tires! Yes. Do you think there may have been any carcinogens in that smoke?
Spinning Girl and her friend smile, oblivious that the insides of their lungs are coated with the same burnt-rubber soot that coats their skin. Smart move!

26 comments:
Clearly you weren't very environmentally friendly, burning tires as you did. When I was in school, we used to burn baby seals. Far cleaner burning.
Ahhh yes...That really explains a lot.
Chemilicious.
When you are Freedom-rocking a mullet that hot, you are invincible!
HA! That guy's right! Total female mullet!
Too cool.
hnham
I am confused and unnerved by the bottom picture. It doesn't tie to ...
But ...
I mean.
Wait.
OK.
Nevermind.
Time has done well by you.
Right?
you know, some used motor oil goes real well with old tires!
Fires are cool. I like Juliabohemian am into auto erotic asphyxiation
*cough* *choke*! oooh, you are right, your lungs must have been looking pretty dark that night.
mmm. tar. blackness. iron lung.
Vintage Spinning Girl hates the environment. and her lungs. Why, vintage sp? why?
burning tire smell.
yummy.
Shit yeah!
Simply the idea of how that fire must have smelled makes me gag. Gag I tell you!
I LOVE this series you do. It's so damn funny.
And now I feel like I already know whether or not you've had cars parked on your front lawn, propped up on cinder blocks no less. Yes. I think I already know.
*cough*
*cough*
i....
*cough*
those..t..
*cough cough*
Hey ,if y'r smokin chesterfields unfiltered a little rubber smoke don't mean shit.
i thought chesterfields were made outta rubber...
If you'd just thrown on a couple of old rags, it would have kept the mosquitoes away, too. That's a trick from the Deep South: small fire, a couple of rags, dense smoke. Don't know why mosquitoes don't like the smoke from burning rags, but ....
Hey, who'd have thought that mosquitoes were environmentally conscious???
Is Spin Girl ok? It's odd for her not to update by now!
OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spin Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The things you young whippersnappers used to do!
Nothing like burning rubber to keep you warm and toasted throughout the night. A christmas tree works well too if you like your fires big, out of control and fast-burning!
AH, the wisdom of youth!
that's not a tire fire!!! that's richard pryor on fire, running down the street!!!
somebody throw some baking soda on his head!
I once single handedly started an entire coconut tree on fire in the Philippines.
Some of these comments imply that I wasn't a babe in that photo. Do you think sleeping in the drizzle with rubber raining down on us had anything to do with it? And it's not a mullet, it's a perm!
wouldn't the smell of burning rubber be really foul?
Post a Comment