January 25, 2007

Who needs therapy when we have Blogthings?!?

You Have a Melancholic Temperament


Introspective and reflective, you think about everything and anything.
You are a soft-hearted daydreamer. You long for your ideal life.
You love silence and solitude. Everyday life is usually too chaotic for you.

Given enough time alone, it's easy for you to find inner peace.
You tend to be spiritual, having found your own meaning of life.
Wise and patient, you can help people through difficult times.

At your worst, you brood and sulk. Your negative thoughts can trap you.
You are reserved and withdrawn. This makes it hard to connect to others.
You tend to over think small things, making decisions difficult.



Editorial note: This is the second blogthing that has told me I overthink things. What do you think that means? Is it good to think about my life and events in it, or should I just let them happen and react? Would it be easier if I were dumber? Do I cause myself unnecessary angst by mulling it all over? Hmmm ...

8 comments:

jamwall said...

what do you know! i'm also a species of "melancholic temperament."

my bad trait that i chose was "egotistical"--i'm swollen and inflated of my utter fabulousness and that's what makes me so awesome and others suck so much. (in a cool superior way in which others drool and i rule).

i do long for the ideal life of being showed with condiments by spinning girl.

the silence and solitude thing, yep. i'm not spiritual, but i have a driving philosophy.

i get people out of jams all the time. spinning fell asleep in a mound of grape jam. i had to get her out of that jam.

seriously, i'm not sure how much stock i would put into a quiz with 4 questions. that's what gets me about these "what____are you?" quizzes.

"your a jar of dill pickles: you're crunchy and love to float in brine!"

yeah..

bricotrout said...

wow, we have a lot in common you and me! shhh, dont tell tishy!

Anonymous said...

Are you really thinking about whether you might be thinking too much about things?

This may be, I think, a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life. So I'm glad I stayed in school.

DaMasta said...

I think everyone that has a blog, overthinks.

FRITZ said...

**You Have a Phlegmatic Temperament***


Great. I remind people of phlegm.

That can't be good.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment about the painting. It's taken me a few months to finish and I appreciate the feedback. I've poured a lot of myself into that one and lost a lot due to it. C'est la arte. It's titled Purple Fish Sings the Jazz. And...

I have a choleric temperament.

You are a person of great enthusiasm - easily excited by many things.
Unsatisfied by the ordinary, you are reaching for an epic, extraordinary life.
You want the best. The best life. The best love. The best reputation.

You posses a sharp and keen intellect. Your mind is your primary weapon.
Strong willed, nothing can keep you down. Your energy can break down any wall.
You're an instantly passionate person - and this passion gives you an intoxicating power over others.

At your worst, you are a narcissist. Full of yourself and even proud of your faults.
Stubborn and opinionated, you know what you think is right. End of discussion.
A bit of a misanthrope, you often see others as weak, ignorant, and inferior.

Anonymous said...

I just love that you overanalyzed something that said you "overthink things." :)

I'm like that too. It made me smile.

Anonymous said...

i have a Choleric Temperament, which is unsettlingly accurate, apart from the bad bits, obviously........