January 02, 2007

Pile On

Could anything be more fabu than the Spinning Bed in this photo? I wish I could duplicate this wall color in real life -- I was experimenting with colors that would look good behind my bed, and I found this color in a piece of art. How can I achieve this with paint?


Also -- my Amaryllis bloomed on New Year's Day. Lovely!



These are the things that matter, at the moment.

9 comments:

SignGurl said...

Hi, SG! Long time no read.

I have achieved the wall decor using a base paint and painting two different colors over the top using a feather duster. It looked awesome when I was done.

Your Amaryllis is gorgeous!

dizzy von damn! said...

you could also rag the wall, with a base color and watered down paint on a cotton rag.

Melissa said...

I have absolutely no advice about the painting, but I agree that the color is fantastic. I am also completely in love with your cherry pillowcases.

Spinning Girl said...

oh dear ... the yellow thing next to the book is not a pee stain, it is the tassel to my bookmark.

Shame on you! I pee in the shower, like a lady!

jamwall said...

i am pretending to leap into your spinning bed but i keep hitting my nose against my computer monitor screen!

by the way, you pressured me into posting something and i was forced to kill off a banana blograma regular.

i hope you're happy!

Anonymous said...

Mmm...spinning bed.

That does it.

Let's make out.

Anonymous said...

If you keep those cute cherry pillows, I'd suggest matching the paint to those :)

And also, Happy New Year!

And also again, I love you!

Anonymous said...

That Amaryllis is so intense! I want that color on the walls behind my bed.

Anonymous said...

Being one of the lucky ones in the pigpile, I love it!!