January 24, 2007

I am freaking out, but I can still be fabu while doing so.

So we are still in the throes of the midyear madness here in Spinnerland. It will soon be over, for better or worse! I can hardly move, having force-fed myself an entire jar of relish and a tube of anchovy paste. But I will soldier on!

I thought you might like to see how I do my hair:

I hope you are at least as excited about this as I am! It's all about the hot rollers, girls. Here is the hair routine as I have come to live it:

1. Wash at night
2. Saturate with leave-in conditioner (Aveda Elixir and only that, ever)
3. Wrap in super-absorbent hair chamois
4. Sleep on it
5. In the morning, comb and style with hot rollers.

I also wanted to share with you that even though I am psychotic, I am still trying to be fun! Here are my kids taking their midterm:

We have these boxes to make a perceived "wall" between neighboring students. They are old, beat-up keyboard boxes, some of which said things like "Maddie is a slut" and "I am so BORED" and had holes punched in them, so I covered them all with wrapping paper to make them pretty. I do believe that this also adds to the already fun testing atmosphere, giving it an air of frivolity. What is missing from the photo, besides the kids' faces, is the two boxes covered with cabbage-patch kids wrapping paper. It is so heinous that it must be seen; I promise to take a picture. The kids always fight over those.

And why oh why didn't I think of you all when I found the naked Barbie on the hallway floor during end-of-term "locker cleanout" today? She had the worst haircut, and some sort of semi-destroyed "outfit" made of cotton balls. I thought of you people too late, after I had already deposited her in the nearest receptacle, which was promptly whisked away.

Grading is not fun. What is fun is arranging citrus fruit in bowls, thusly:


And decorating my new home with rugs:

Sigh. If I could but curl up and sleep on that cozy little rug, but no. 3 more days of this madness.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are delicious and I want to eat you up like a jar of plump little capers.

jamwall said...

i want to be your super-absorbent hair chamois and slather you with oranges!

you've got me using the word "slather" quite a bit. what kind of bad influence are you?

touch my heinie..

jiggs said...

It's true. Maddie *IS* a slut.

Also, you're fun when you're in the throes of madness.

Did I spell the word "throes" right?

Anonymous said...

I own the same set of hot rollers. I love them. They make my hair sing.

dizzy von damn! said...

you are up early enough for hot rollers?

woah.

FRITZ said...

I used to hot roll my hair. When I had hair. Your house looks delicious. May I come over and spend a few nights? We could swap food squalor stories.

Hang in there, teacher!

Anonymous said...

Nice Rugs Spinnerina!

Scarlet Hip said...

This post has it all. Hair care advice, teaching tools, decorating tips. Where can I subscribe to the Spinning Girl magazine?

LBseahag said...

that's kid's cheating...

i'm flocking to your hair.