May 12, 2006

Things that have caught my attention and/or occupied my mind.

So, I took a little beauty nap. I don't feel beautiful yet. I feel sort of like old, gray, weathered wood inside. I know it is because my creative energies have gone elsewhere and that I can only do so much. There is venom in my soul, which is never good for creative expression. I trust that it will be sucked out shortly by some nice cowboy that happens by. I also trust that my creativity will reawaken when I am less busy; it always has in the past. Nevertheless! There are things that need sharing. Here they are.

I don't know what this means.

This photo of a Winnie the Pooh puppet show in Estonia makes me sad for some reason. It is so very earnest, yet so very wrong. It reminds me of the puppet that is like a mitten. I want to know what it will talk to the other mittens. Which is its voice?

I've had to do some rearranging of my sidebar. I have mixed emotions about the Pigpile on the Spinning Bed. I feel weird taking people out of the pigpile, but it must be done. The PP represents my most frequent visitors & also those I consider to be my most special pals. They are the blogs I check every single day, even when I don't comment. I left Monkey as well, even though I have not seen him for a very long time. There is a small, Monkey-shaped hole in my life. I could never remove him, though I didn't have any trouble demoting Calzone, that leather-pinioned freak show who stuffs Velveeta in my mouth and makes me recite poetry while he beats my bare ass with a ping-pong paddle. Like a real pigpile, people will climb off & sometimes climb back on. I want all of you to climb on me. Won't you?

Likewise Where Else I Spin ... I had to remove about 5-6 blogs that I just don't read anymore. I think my links should represent places I actually visit, don't you? The ones I removed I haven't set foot on, in months. Even so, I feel like kind of an asshole for doing that. Like erasing someone's address from my address book or number from my cell phone. There just seems to be such finality in it. But this blog is organic, and grows and changes with the ebb and flow of my blog life. No one ever said it would be easy.

Two things I have gotten from Tits have changed my life. One scares the crap out of me and one I am obsessed with. Can you guess which is which?



Item 1

Item 2

& What a sad statement it is that the big event of my week was seeing Clay Aiken in person. Yes. It is true. We chatted. Well, not so much ... he chatted at me and about 1100 other people, most of whom are so deeply in the throes of puberty that they didn't even recognize their brush with greatness.

Look at how cute I was back then.



You see now why I don't blog when I am blocked? Thanks for coming by anyhow. Now give me some love.

11 comments:

Osbasso said...

You've got ALL my love, my dear! Even in spite of the fact that I'm the second to last link on your sidebar. I guess someone has to be there!

Please consider yourself climbed upon by me. Feel free to do the same to me!! (with pics, please!)

Not that I thought you really needed the beauty nap, I hope you had a good one! Love ya babe!

Tits McGee said...

Aw, Spinning Girl. I am delighted to share.

In fact, in light of this post, here is a new gift for you. He's eating watermelon! Delicious!

dizzy von damn! said...

i am blocked as well! let's be blocked together.

i suspect some of that watermelon might help.

jiggs said...

best fortune cookie ever.

also, that picture of clay aiken made my bonards achin

Sleep Goblin said...

That bubble game is pretty cool! I like the colors and the music. Sweet!

I noticed your sidebar, because I use it to move along my blog list, and the link I use got bumped. At first I thought it was just gone, but no, just moved, so all is okay. I don't have to re-think my blog reading routine :)

DaMasta said...

Mwuaaaaaaaaaaah!

Thank my lucky thong I'm still in the pigpile. Holy crap I was scared there for a sec. But how could I forget how much you secretly love me and how much I not-so-secretly stalk you.

Can u give me your address so I can send u something?

:) Spank me.

jiggs said...

you shouldn't feel guilty about moving links around. things change, yo.

Anonymous said...

You were a cute kid! And I'm glad you're back. You're my favorite blogger to stalk. <3

Bill said...

I too am blocked and venom filled. Yet I'm compelled to write. So we get confused posts about Tom Cruise, music lists and bitching about cultural obsessions with beauty.

It may be something to do with it being spring.

Scarlet Traces said...

that photo of the Estonian winnie the pooh show makes me sad too, you are very right about the earnest/wrong thing!
and what's with the secret message from your teeth! thats just strange :)

platts42 said...

Secret Message from your teeth is from the live action Tick TV show.

A great show