April 19, 2006

Just Six? Really?!?

MadMeer tagged me to list 6 oddities about myself. I've been looking for an excuse to show my true self. I've been hiding behind this veil of normalcy for too long! But now! Peel back the curtain ... and gaze upon me in all my glory!!!

1. I tend to overly dramatize my life. Did anyone notice?

2. I get in bed to read important things, like letters from friends and my grandma, long emails, good books, long blog posts .... and also to talk on the phone. My bed is my haven, so when I need to chill out and focus on feel-good stuff, I get in. the. bed.

3. When I was in 6th grade I moved out of my bedroom and into my twin sister's closet. It wasn't a walk-in; it was just a regular sliding-door closet. I cleared off the floor and set up a whole little bed on the floor, made a little shelf for my clock radio and a lamp,
and I lived in there. We had always shared a room and my room was just too far from her! In high school, I would take a shower and then put my hair in a towel and get in her bed while she showered, then we would chat while she got ready. When 10 minutes remained I would get up, do something with my hair, and we'd leave for school together. Even now, when I visit, I will get in her bed in the morning after her husband has gotten up.

4. It's all about the bed.

5. I hate caraway seeds so much that I can taste one of them in a whole batch of cookies. It's like the princess and the pea. Also, don't get me started; I will talk for days about how much I hate them. I can also talk for days about how important it is that I now have fabu hair, having lived 2.5 decades with horrible hair. I finally bloomed.

6. People with tiny little teeth and huge gums frighten me. Other physical anomalies, like
polydactyly (well... maybe a little ...) and missing limbs don't bother me at all. Possibly, if I ever met a cyclops, I might feel some nausea. but mini-teeth? Ew. For an extra treat, add braces. And headgear.

7. When I first learned about sexual reproduction in humans, the way it was explained to me was a little bit unclear; I thought that the penis was placed near the vagina, and the fluid exchange took place through a small tube, like maybe a toilet paper roll.

8. I am such a huge homebody that on days off, I need to invent errands for myself just to force myself to go out of the house. I get all dressed up and then go ... to the public library. Or home depot, to buy one knob.

9. It's all about the knob.

10. I give the finger numerous times throughout the day, but rarely within view. It's usually below the window level of my car (because I am afraid of people with road rage), behind my desk (because I am a good role model), or behind closed doors (because I am a nice person). It helps me to release some of the rage.


11. I can't count to six.


I tag anyone who feels like doing this fun thing. Come on, work it out.

12 comments:

Bill said...

Hmm. I'll try this but maybe not till the weekend. That will give me time to think.

Is that a weird thing?

Amandarama said...

The way you feel about caraway seeds is the way I feel about nutmeg or tarragon. As far as I'm concerned the cook may as well have seasoned the food with Drano.

Christina said...

Oooh! I totally get the Carraway thing. I'm also like that about roasted red peppers. If they've even touched anything, I can't eat it.

Do you give the finger to your students? You do, don't you.

DaMasta said...

I like to do lots of things in my bed.

My tag is up too.. for HNT.

Anonymous said...

I can't stand the mini-toothed either! Teeth like tic-tacs are worse than overgrown fangs, in my book.

Even worse, my sister has normal sized teeth and HUGE gums when she is smiling. And she is constantly smiling.

We like to call her Jaws, but only behind her back. Wouldn't want to lose a limb now, would we?

dizzy von damn! said...

i will never make you anything with caraway seeds.

i promise.

Bee said...

Gracious but you get a lot of comments! I've never been so popular, maybe that's because as a person, I'm just not that likeable.

I stole this tag by the way, the 6 oddities. I must be blander than gruel, I struggled to find 6. I guess it would be better if I had someone who is not me fill it out.

About me, that is.

But I digress.

SignGurl said...

I get the whole bed thing. I didn't know you were a twin. I thought we were twins so that makes us triplets?

Crystal said...

"tiny little teeth and huge gums" - That is so creepy; I don't even know where to start.

It is definitely ALL about the bed.

Thanks for doing my tag. I am happy now and will not submit to those passive aggressive "she didn't do my tag yet and must be punished!" urges I was having. Those were wrong. I know that now.

FRITZ said...

This is really fascinating. I mean. Talk about a phenomenal list.

However, I like people with extra fingers.

Take that anyway you want.

Oh. I'm the same about the bed.

madge said...

I read this post yesterday; today, when I left work, I stood in the secret staircase and flipped off the brats I work for - then I smiled - then I drove home!

DaMasta said...

I just realized there's a lot of wierd things I forgot to post about. When you mentioned "princess and the pea", I completely forgot about my fear of sleeping 'on' things. I swear, my back will hurt for hours if even one half of a piece of a blanket is under me at any point during my slumber.