October 25, 2005

Old Ironsides

Every year when we take the eighth grade to Boston, we visit the USS Constitution. Usually, it is a cloudy day and the ship is full of people. This year, by luck we had a beautiful day and I had the deck more or less to myself when the kids were below deck learning about cannons. Here are my photos.










Wasn't it pretty?

9 comments:

Bobby said...

awesome pics.

John said...

I'm just full of envy. I would love to live a life on open seas like Captain Jack Sparrow or Captain "Lucky" Jack Aubry.

Instead I sit here and surf Blogger all day and take home nearly 6 figures....
J
WV: nuwxfl - I'm willing to bet they WOULD name it "nuw XFL" if that shit ever decided to mount a comeback.

FRITZ said...

I think they also tend to hole up Boy Scouts on that particular ship...or am I thinking about a ship in Charleston or something? Geez, am I bad with history and all that stuff.

Anyway, man yer oars! Batten the hatches! Throw the tea over! Bomb the English! One of by land, two if by sea!

oh, oof, sorry. Sorry, sorry. You live in a very historic part of this great country of ours.

Jozee said...

That American flag couldn't be captured more perfectly. Great shot.

LBseahag said...

Arrrgghhhh...matey...

I so want to be in your class....

madge said...

Very pretty pictures. I was rocking the USS Constitution in 1985.

Your photos brought back memories of my day: there was sunshine.

Monkey said...

That sounds like so much fun. (I know I'm a masochist.) But I love stuff like that. Great photos.

We're taking the boy to Boston over the long TG break, aquarium, children's museum and the Constitution. It's just what we do.

BadGod said...

That is the oldest ship still commissioned (I don't think I spelled that right.) by the U.S. Navy.

Good day!

AndyT13 said...

Nice pics! God job!