I sort of promised myself and a friend that I'd blog every day, regardless of how I am feeling or how blocked I am. I think I have to write every day to discover things to write about. Today I am going to write about earworms.
|Part of Speech:||n|
|Definition:||a song or tune that gets stuck in one's mind and repeats |
as if on a tape; also written ear-worm,ear worm;
also called cognitive itch, sticky tune
|Example:||The song played in the grocery store became |
an earworm for her.
So, because I share a house with somebody as silly as myself, there is a lot of verbal trash floating around in the air. Between that and choir and the general noise of my head, I have a few tunes & sayings that keep popping into my head and sometimes out my mouth. I really need help planting new worms! Help me!
Here is a sampling of what is going on:
- Cruel to be Kind by Nick Lowe
- And the Glory of the Lord (Handel, Messiah)
- tap, tap, taptaptap, taptaptaptap., Dog Show! (from SNL)
- They say love .... don't come eeeaaasyyyyy... (Wes, from the Bachelorette and now Bachelor Pad)
- "Totes" (Jamwall's way of saying "totally", picked up from Calzone the Dragon and friends)
- In Exclesis Deo from some Christmas carol
As you can see, it is quite noisy. I am especially annoyed by Nick Lowe and Dog Show!
Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to plant a few new earworms in my head. Hopefully they will replace the existing ones and not simply compound the cacophony (say that 5x fast!).