September 23, 2007

Judgment Day

My father captured the following cloud formation one day this summer:







I have never seen anything like this in my life!!! Have you? Here are his thoughts as he faced the possibility that Judgment Day was upon him:


August 15, 2007, 2:30 PM, Western CT. Sky mostly clear and blue, temp 75%, low humidity, no winds. A sprinkling of high small puffy clouds. Over the course of less than an hour, two large, nearly circular, clear areas formed in the puffy cloud background. In the middle of these were bright, dense streamer-like formations of a different cloud type. One of these took on the appearance of a huge and symmetrical pair of wings. I had never seen anything like this, and I quickly began reviewing my life:

Is my baptism still valid? Is my will up to date? Oh shit, my closets are still a mess, not to mention the garage! Should I get out the tape recorder for the trumpet? I brought out the camera, in any case.

To my great relief, the cloud formations slowly dissipated, and I am still here to tell about it. But watch out, children, this may have been “only a test."