July 12, 2007

Ready for Auction

At choir camp, we have a silent auction. Last year, I just contributed a Black & Decker coffee grinder. This year, I decided to make a wine-cork corkboard. I also attached some pewter wine-themed pushpins. I'm quite happy with the results, and it only took one hour!


The frame for this corkboard, as well as other wine gifts, can be purchased at Wine Enthusiast. A few years ago I fancied myself a wine enthusiast; really it turned out I was just really enthusiastic about drinking it. I still enjoy making the corkboards, and I always ask for corks when I go out to dinner. I also have a few suppliers in my family, who store them up for me and then mail them to me.

As hobbies go, this one is quite fun, and in a very short time you can have a beautiful object!

5 comments:

Osbasso said...

I was curious where you got the corks from! You are such a crafty spinner!

jiggs said...

that is one sexy cork board.

Lauren said...

You are so crafty! Very, very cool!

jamwall said...

this reminds me of when i worked at a winery. we used to soak corks all the time. Sometimes we'd soak each other's corks!

Freiya said...

foxy and crafty! you have it all :)