March 26, 2007

I am still wearing my toga, and here are some leftovers for you.

So, all my people, I have been terribly busy! I went to Manhattan this weekend, again ... this time I went to the Jivamukti Yoga School (worth the click just for the nice chant) where Uma Thurman's brother Dechen teaches, and where nobody eats any animal products of any kind, and glares at you if you don't keep mauna in the hallways (which I thought meant singing Billy Idol's version of Mony Mony, but I found out means "silence"), and ostracizes you if you wear your shoes. At Jivamukti, I learned that there are some positions I cannot get my body into, and that if I try, I will pay by having sore muscles for 2 whole days.

In New York, I also learned that some entire blocks can be closed off to foot traffic, because some sort of very important filming is going on. I also learned that the subways do not, in fact, smell like urine as I anticipated.

I've resurfaced just long enough to lay out some warmed-over Friday's Feast for you. I meant to do this Friday, but you don't mind the delay, do you? It's still fresh and tender. Bon apetit!

(click image to visit Friday's Feast)


Feast One Hundred & Thirty Six

Appetizer
Who is your favorite news anchor/reporter? Why?
I don't watch the news, but it used to be Peter Jennings.

Soup
Name 3 foods that are currently in your freezer.
Edamame
Natural casing hot dogs
Skinny Cow ice cream cones

Salad
If you were to have the opportunity to name a new town or city, what would you call it?
Vajayjayville

Main Course
What will most likely be the next book you read?
I abandoned Kite Runner to read A Confederacy of Dunces, so I will most likely return to that.

Dessert
What's the first thing you notice about the opposite gender?
I was going to say eyes, but that's not true. I do a full-body sweep, noting height and overall build in one giant eyeful. Then I leg-wrestle the guy to see if I can beat him. If I can't, I let him tie me to the wall and douse me with a firehose.

16 comments:

Monkey said...

I have purchased my airline ticket for Vajayjayville. Please meet me at the gate. Thank you.

And... Good Lord! What were you thinking trying to turn yourself into a pretzel? Unsafe. Unsafe. Unsafe.

Ahem.

I missed you. Glad you had fun.

Calzone said...

I didn't read any of that. Put your forehead on the floor, point your ass towards the door and wait for me to come over.

Kat said...

You have strange and wonderous freezer contents.

Brookelina said...

I like how you handle the meeting of new men. We so need to go out together sometime. You can wrestle them down and I'll check their abs for the appropriate level of fitness.

yournamehere said...

Can I tie you to the wall and douse you with a firehose? Please?

jamwall said...

i have edamame in my freezer, as well as mauna.

i keep everything in the freezer.

jamwall said...

kite runner takes the back burner to john kennedy toole.

jiggs said...

vajayjayville is a great place to visit. I just wish I could there more that once every couple of years.

Freiya said...

Edamame are my favourite of all the beans, just so you know, in case there's some sort of bean related census or something....not that there is, obviously........

Slick said...

Is that what you call it? Firehose?

MadMeer said...

I bet Vajayjayville will attract a lot of men with firehoses. It will be Utopia!

Naynayfazz said...

I haven't done Friday's feast in so long. I love reading them.

I just started working in Manahattan and every day is a new adventure. That yoga class sounds fun.

Vajayjayville.... Ha!

Madge said...

You have strange and wonderous comments.

B.E. Earl said...

The creepiest thing about Dechen Thurman is that he played a guy who worked at a bookstore in "The Truth About Cats and Dogs" and he was all agog over....Uma Thurman. Blech!

Bill said...

"If you were to have the opportunity to name a new town or city, what would you call it?"

Boner, Alberta
Pig's Eye, Nebraska
Bum Goo, Ohio
Wanker, New Brunswick
Ticklish, New York
Pisser, Oregon

I could go on ...

Jeans Pants said...

I want to go to Manhatten so bad