February 04, 2006

Now I Can Retire Happy

... for I have been flipped off by the parent of one of my students. Yup. At an intersection, where we disagreed on the right of way. Full frontal finger.

12 comments:

Leilouta said...

I have been followed once because of traffic shit.

Saints and Spinners said...

Do you like the student of the parent? I had a brief (3 second) fantasy whereby you called up the parent and said that you had some concerns about the student, and then revealed that the concerns were over the inappropriate behavior of the parent, etc. Hah! I hope you can think of something more clever than that.:)

Sleep Goblin said...

I am imagining your internal cussing dialogue, and laughing.

ghartstein said...

I sense a word problem coming on....Your parent is heading north at a 4-way intersection with your teacher coming from the east. If teacher is slowing to a stop and parent is driving at 40 mph while flipping teacher off, at what angle must teacher's line of vision be to properly see the full finger?

BadGod said...

I bet the next Parent Teacher Conference is gonna be a little awkward.

FYI- I told a short little story about a "Sally" reference. Just for you! C'mon over, you sexy eyed...sorry, I just left Dirty Blondes blog and she was talking about Alice In Chains. I love me some Alice In Chains. The band of course, not a chick names Alice, 'cause that bondage shit is off the hook! I just said "off the hook"! What the fuck?

Scarlet Hip said...

Wait, did they know it was you? Or did they just do a random flip and realize it was you after? I need more details as this will no doubt happen to me in the near future - especially the way I drive. Actually - it's more likely I will be the flipper, considering I flipped off a cop not long ago.

Amandarama said...

That's beautiful. When you fail the kid, be sure to tell him that it was mommy or daddy's fault.

Ticharu said...

classy! people are great aren't they? OK, let's over-react again!

Lee Ann said...

Wow, now that is class and maturity isn't it?
I am sure it didn't help his situation at the intersection, did it?

Monkey said...

Tears are streaming down my face. First.... from the beautiful moment you shared with the parent at the intersection and second from Todd's comment.

I need a moment...

madge said...

They probably have the sweetest kid, right?

oregoncelticlady said...

Wearing my district's I.D. badge has kept my mouth and finger in check often!!! I have nightmare's about visiting an "adult" store and running into a parent *laugh*
A bit like the time I was buying lovely, matching, silky under garments at the mall and turn around, right into an icky father who leared, "Helloooo, Ms. _____" ICK!