August 28, 2005

Oh. My. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz .



Sometimes, there simply are no words.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Technically, I guess you are right. There are no words. But, isn't Bzzzzzzzz a word in its own right? I mean we do communicate so much by saying Bzzzzzz. Tell me, is there anyone who saw this picture, read this one line commentary, and DID NOT get a total and complete feel for what Spinning Girl was communicating? In my sometimes futile-seeming attempts to teach people of all ages to write, I am constantly saying "Show the reader,don't tell the reader." I must say, this brief post is a perfect example of SHOWING the reader. You have not only given your reader a true visual to look at, but you have accompanied it with one word that says so much more than many people say in several paragraphs. To me, this is writing. You said it all...and in only one word! Nice job, Spinning! I would give you a sticker if I could!!

Lyregal said...

What the hell is that!?!? I'm going to call it a "peifcsax" - at least that's what word verification is calling it.

BadGod said...

Did you kill it?

Spinning Girl said...

nope. I wouldn't, anyhow, but I especially did not want to touch it, as it was huge. A cicada, yes?

Anonymous said...

Yes, a cicada. We get them in droves. Thank God, my dog eats them. Get a bug-eating dog. They're life savers.

Blogkward said...

So.. you guys aren't living "survivor" style? Then, why the fig leaves?

babyjewels said...

Too much bug for me.

Stephanie said...

That thing is nasty! I'm getting the heebie jeebies just looking at iy! Yuck!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like it would be good on toast. And I'm not sure if buzzzzzzz is so much a word as it is a sound effect.

~art said...

WHAT is THAT!??

Chark Hammis said...

One time I saw a Cicada fly into an overhead electrical wire. The thing dropped like a rock and I ran away screaming like a sissy. I hate bugs and those things are huge.

Anonymous said...

Monkeybite--remember onomatopoeia!