Marisa sent me the following poem, with this attached note: "I thought of you when I read this poem, and thought I would pass it on." I'm so glad she did!
Forest
She said now then
I would like each of you
to make a tree
with your body
and we were delighted
to forget everything
we had learned all day
about staying within the lines.
Standing in our numbered rows
we stretched and stretched, embracing
the enormous air, our fingers
splayed, heels rising up
off the floor, bodies grunting, sweating,
trembling to be trees. One
poked another in the head
with a pencil. Sharp branch
he announced. How we loved
being trees.
Forest
She said now then
I would like each of you
to make a tree
with your body
and we were delighted
to forget everything
we had learned all day
about staying within the lines.
Standing in our numbered rows
we stretched and stretched, embracing
the enormous air, our fingers
splayed, heels rising up
off the floor, bodies grunting, sweating,
trembling to be trees. One
poked another in the head
with a pencil. Sharp branch
he announced. How we loved
being trees.
1 comment:
Thanks for the props, yo! It begins as a good poem, and then the sharp stick part just makes it awesome!
Glad you enjoyed!
Post a Comment