December 20, 2006

One in a Billion

November 9, 1934 – December 20, 1996

Today is the 10-year anniversary of Carl Sagan's death. Bloggers around the world are writing about how he influenced their lives. I'll compose my piece this afternoon, but for now let's just bow our heads and think about his voice saying, "No painter trapped on Earth ever imagined a world so strange and lovely."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

carl sagan wa scool
but i hate everyone in space
i was born a space racist

Anonymous said...

Crumbly, but good. I can't believe it has been that long that we have been without him. I have to take out my Cosmos series and watch it again. I bet he is somwhere in the heavens moving around and looking at all the beautiful things he researched and spoke of. Nebulae, galaxies far away, planets, black holes, stars.

jamwall said...

billions and billions and billions and billions and billions and billions and billions and billions and billions and billions and billions and billions and billions...

Anonymous said...

he's your guy

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Carl Sagan!!!