I have been so very very busy trying to make my house look like a grown-up's house, instead of a patched-together dorm room. I am getting there, so I thought I would show you all my progress, just so you'd know I haven't been resting on my ass.
... a garage, with tools and plywood
and a real-life extension ladder!
... this is my yoga room; really the third bedroom, but since I do more yoga than I have sleepovers, there is no guest bed. That's what the aerobed is for! Also, here I tinkle the keys. This rug, which I love, came from Pottery Barn along with a rug pad that was soaking wet and growing mushrooms! It's true. Big ups to P.B. customer service, who agreed that the mushroom-free variety is much more desirable!
This is a cozy little sitting area in the den, with these really old chairs, and chess, and etch-a-sketch. Here I sit and etch and sample the Halloween candy.
... for quality, you know.
I feel so adult when my
silverware is neatly aligned.
whoops! You weren't supposed to see that.
Let's just shut this door, shall we?
Here is my office, which I have painted light sage.
Here is where I sit and talk to all you freaks.
(I'm allowed to say that, being a freak myself)
My fireplace, painted dark red (it was white before)
No more meals on the floor.
Bummer.
My grandmother's piano lives with me now.
The living room too has been painted.
My house is finally ready for guests.
(hint hint)
11 comments:
I'm so there!!
WOW! That is a very nice place you have there and I LOVE the fireplace!!! Hey only one room looked "dorm-ish" But I won't tell anyone, we can just shut that door anyway...
We'll be right over!
oh, wait, you're not home right now.
I was about to leave you a very important comment about how lovely your place is + how I love all of your projects...when Jane jumped into my lap! She loves you and would like to visit you.
I am in love with your ladder and your dining set. Yes, indeed.
I also enjoyed the "employees only" area. Ahem.
I like it! Good job. :) Twirling Girl
I am not anonymous, I am twirling girl sorry I didn't put my name on my comment
i want to play your piano.
that may or may not be a euphamism.
Very nice jorb! YOu is a grown up decoratin' foll! If I were invited I would bring yummy carrot cake goodness! Or perhaps some spakling apple cider of the freshly store bought variety. I dunno, what would a spinning girl like?
Your newly still sober pal,
AndyT13
next time I'm in wherever you live I'll totally visit!
OMG...u are totally my idol!
Post a Comment