November 01, 2005

I Might Be White Trash (Part VIII)

Lock & Load!
circa 1989
Instead of fixing the mass spectrophotometer and getting to work analyzing samples, Spinning Girl and her professor spent hours at the gun club, where he taught her how to fire several different types of revolvers, a shotgun, and a few semi-automatic pistols. Why, you ask? Because that is what you do in a chemistry independent study!!! Our targets were person-shaped bullseyes of paper; unfortunately, none of them remained in pieces larger than a square centimeter, so no photos available.

10 comments:

Weary Hag said...

Yikes. The first time I went to the rifle range, I had a bruise on my shoulder the size of a baseball for about a week. Nobody warned me about recoil. The bastards.

Lee Ann said...

Well you must be a good shot then, if there wasn't much left of the target. I have had trouble hitting the target at all when I have gone.

Monkey said...

I suspect that I am white trash also. My mother is a champion target shooter. She taught me how to shoot: aim for the knees, the balls and the chest. In that order. Oh my!

Monkey's Human

Mad Munkey said...

Girlz with guns. A winning combo anytime.

madge said...

please tell me you have Part IX in the wings. this is too funny!

Yoda said...

"Instead of fixing the mass spectrophotometer and getting to work analyzing samples, Spinning Girl and her professor spent hours at the gun club, where he taught her how to fire several different types of revolvers"

Are you sure you mean the REAL gun club?

platts42 said...

Mannn, you hold that gun like a sissy!

You need to blast with authority.

kgsee

jiggs said...

Guns are cool. Chicks that can shoot guns are hot. Especially when they shoot them wearing nothing but a bikini.

LBseahag said...

You need a movie...or reality show...

stat!

FRITZ said...

At my old job, I carried a Glock, forty-four caliber. I could field strip it in about one minute, and reassemble it even quicker.

Unfortunately, I could not shoot the damn thing.

It's just another reason I am relieved to not work there anymore.