February 15, 2007

True Story

Readers of Word Nerd have been treated to 13 installments (thus far) in an epic saga known as The Misery Trip, describing WN's hellish roadtrip from Wisconcin to Missouri to rescue her friend from a raging man. I've been following it closely, and it is worth the hop over to this blog and the back-scrolling to read it.

I'd like to share with you a comment I wrote recently at this site, for WN's story reminded me of my NH adventures:

When I taught in New Hampshire, we had a family that lived in a trailer a few miles from school, with chewing tobacco signage staple-gunned all over the outside of the house. The parents were 1st cousins and had a child in every grade from preK-12. All of the boys were named Jeremiah, and all of the kids, boys & girls alike, were dumb as posts. Even though that sounds made up, I certify with this notarized stamp: (*) that it is 100% true.

9 comments:

jamwall said...

i would like to notorize your naughty parts with my rubber stamp.

DaMasta said...

heyyyyyy jamwall stole my comment!! *shakes tiny fists of fury!*

Melissa said...

Thanks for the advertising, dear girl. You should elaborate upon the trailer-dwellers for a post. That? Would be an interesting read.

Freewheel said...

I agree with Melissa. Then you could answer my question: how many little Jeremiahs are we talking about here?

Shanshu said...

I think I used to date one of those cousins.

LittlePea said...

I agree with Melissa too...don't just tease us with stuff like that!

twolf1920 said...

Point of order-I believe that some people ought NOT to propagate...As the great wise one Carlos Mencia says...DEE-DEE-DEE-DEEEEE!

Kat said...

woah k. The meaning of trash just entered a whole nutha level.

Jeans Pants said...

Hey you, sorry I've been gone so long. I'm trying to make a comeback to the blog world =0)