January 14, 2007

It's a Haka kind of day.

Ever since Lord of the Rings and Whale Rider, I have been fascinated by the Maori dance known as Haka. Here are four especially good haka videos for your weekend enjoyment.


Traditional Haka Performances







All Blacks New Rugby Haka
New Zealand vs. South Africa
2005


New Zealand vs. Scotland
Advertisement

10 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Haka good day SG!

Anonymous said...

Haka scary and intimidating for sure!!

Anonymous said...

I want one of those rugby boys to show me his Haka.

jamwall said...

you doing haka in your bobby socks would be fascinating.

Verdant Earl said...

I've been a Haka fan ever since a friend of mine introduced me to rugby many years ago.

There is a high-school football team in Texas that does a variation of the Haka before each game. Great stuff.

Speaking of things Maori, you should check out the film "Once Were Warriors". Difficult to watch, but extremely well done.

Butchie said...

I have a buddy who is Maori. He has tatoos on his face and people are scaresd of him because they think he's crazy. He is, too.

Butchie said...

tattoo

Butchie said...

scared

Anonymous said...

I'm more of a polka fan, myself.

gwadzilla said...

personally I am more drawn to the kecak dancers...

have you seen Baraka?