November 15, 2007

Friday's Feast

Feast 169

Appetizer
What was your first “real” job?

I was a lifeguard and a catering cook.

Soup
Where would you go if you wanted to spark your creativity?

I would make plans with Leigh Yung Li, who always awakens my muse. I could use a big dose of her right about now!

Salad
Complete this sentence: I am embarrassed when…

... I make a joke that ends up completely going astray & possibly hurting someone's feelings. Also, when my laundry-trapped underwear comes out of my pantleg onto the floor in my classroom.

Main Course
What values did your parents instill in you?

Hard work, pride in my culture, appreciation for the fine arts, respect for family and tradition.

Dessert
Name 3 fads from your teenage years.

Rubiks cube, legwarmers, overalls unhooked at one clasp.

3 comments:

jamwall said...

Appetizer
What was your first “real” job?
Blue Oyster Cult--Cowbeller

Soup
Where would you go if you wanted to spark your creativity?
In your pants.

Salad
Complete this sentence: I am embarrassed when…
I'm not stoned while I'm pantsless outside your window.

Main Course
What values did your parents instill in you?
If in doubt, flush the evidence down the toilet.

Dessert
Name 3 fads from your teenage years.
Fad one: drugs, Fad two: drugs, Fad three: drugs and sex.

J said...

What was your first “real” job?
Hm... there's sort of a vague gradation between my first unreal job and the job I have now, with increasing degrees of reality... maybe the job I took doing secretary work a few hours a week for my church. I didn't have to apply, but I did get paid regularly.

Where would you go if you wanted to spark your creativity?
A new landscape. Mountain, desert, etc.

Complete this sentence: I am embarrassed when…
I am embarrassed when I come in from the cold and my face is red and then someone says something titillating and then someone else happens to look at me and tells everyone that I am blushing, and I say I'm not, I just came in from the cold, and they insist I am and then I start to blush for real.

What values did your parents instill in you?
Don't go into debt.

Name 3 fads from your teenage years.
Champion sweatshirts
Wearing your school backpack over just one shoulder (only nerds wore it over both shoulders!)
Saying "dude." (Dude, this never went away.)

Twirling Girl said...

Appetizer
What was your first “real” job?
Babysitter for various brats in the neighborhood

Soup
Where would you go if you wanted to spark your creativity?
A food show

Salad
Complete this sentence: I am embarrassed when…
...I make a big mistake and call someone by the wrong name multiple times.

Main Course
What values did your parents instill in you?
Hard work, pride in my culture, appreciation for the fine arts, respect for family and tradition.

Dessert
Name 3 fads from your teenage years.
"feathered hair" (mine never did), lip gloss (strawberry flavor), stand-up collars on polo or rugby shirts