November 03, 2006

Childhood Objects (a.k.a. I Snooped Through My Old Stuff When I Lived Back at Home for a Month)

I'm feeling this urge to go through my old things.
Upon my temporary move back home,
I discovered a species of wonderfulness
that had its roots deep in my pubescent years
and in the high-color culture
of the 70's and 80's.
Won't you look and see?:



This music box, which plays "Lara's Theme"

from Dr. Zhivago, and which

features a real spinning ballerina!

This lamp, which at once frightens me and beckons to me with its needy gaze. Yes, this is in my (adult) bedroom. I hope my mother consults me before she ever throws it out.

The box-o-dolls-n-dustycrap. You know how much I love dolls, right?
Really, I did/do love these dolls, dressed in costumes from all over the world.

Aug 27 007

I liked the Dutch ones especially, so I had many.

The Polish one got a free haircut.


Oh, and let us not forget the Bermuda Bag cover.


Aug 27 009

Reversible!

To read about what fashion plates we all were, click here.

These were happy times.

7 comments:

Bobby said...

snoopeD? nah, it was still your stuff.

jiggs said...

memories... of the times we left behind.

Brookelina said...

Madame Alexander dolls!!! I had those too!!! I think they inspired me to travel around the world. And to cut hair. hehehe

amera hearts said...

http://www.funny.co.uk/stuff/art_175-2740-Bondage-Teddies.html

the obove link is just wrong.

miss kendra said...

your jewelry box is AWESOME.

Spinning Girl said...

Amera ... Ah, yes. I spoke of this once; it was here:
Snoot Hole.

LBseahag said...

i love it....is Lara's Theme that song, "When you think of Laura, lagh don't cry, I know she'd want it that way" by Cristopher Cross?

free haircut...that was damn funny....