October 11, 2006

No Love Like Monkey Love


My sister TG went to the zoo, where she met a tamarin who had social issues and had to be kept separate from all the other tamarins because of his bad temper and biting problem. I feel so bad for him! He just jumped around this giant cage all by himself, clutching his toy monkey for comfort. At least he had that much. How can anyone stay bad-tempered with a monkey to clutch? I understand; for I, too, have nestled a simian in my armpit to scare away the demons and the dark.

6 comments:

Bill said...

If you haven't already, you should read "Life of Pi" by Yann Martell. Zoos play a prominent part. And the story is good.

Myself, I like cats. Always have. One day I'll write about that. (Actually, I'm pretty sure I have, somewhere.)

jiggs said...

poor monkey. poor monkeys can be as screwed up as people.

Freewheel said...

Will solitary confinement help his "social issues"?

Naynayfazz said...

That is the cutest story. It is sad but cute nonetheless. You always know how make me chuckle!

Anonymous said...

Oh!

Monkey said...

Poor tamarin! He reminds me of the boy. How sad.

The photo made it look as though he had ripped the head off his monkey? That can't be so. Say it's not so.

With much wistful sighing do I recall my sojourn in your armpit. I miss you.