- She's boyishly feminine ... wait, no, she is girlishly masculine. Either way, she is 100% raw physicality, with butch hair and eyes that can see into the innermost caverns of your brain. What her eyes can't reach, her voice will. With every ounce of her being, she obliterates traditional gender boundaries.
- Lyrics like these: This is the book I never read; these are the words I never said; this is the path I'll never tread; these are the dreams I'll dream instead; this is the joy that's seldom spread; these are the tears ... the tears we shed; this is the fear; this is the dread; these are the contents of my head. (Why)
- And these: Once I had the rarest rose ... that ever deigned to bloom. (Love Song for a Vampire)
- Also: Take this gilded cage of pain and set me free; take this overcoat of shame, it never did belong to me. (Gift)
- She is from Scotland. As a student there, she studied the flute.
- She is technically an alto, but has a range of 4 octaves.
- She married (& divorced) a Hare Krishna monk.
- Her reputed best friend is Chrissie Hynde.
Did you enjoy this post?
If so, you might also like:
10 of the Countless Reasons Why I Want to Hurl My Naked Body Against Peter Gabriel
10 Reasons Why I Can't Get Enough of Tori Amos