October 10, 2006

10 Reasons Why I Want to Eat an Annie Lennox Sandwich

  1. She's boyishly feminine ... wait, no, she is girlishly masculine. Either way, she is 100% raw physicality, with butch hair and eyes that can see into the innermost caverns of your brain. What her eyes can't reach, her voice will. With every ounce of her being, she obliterates traditional gender boundaries.
  2. In 2004 she won the Oscar for the closing song in the best movie ever. Need I say more?
  3. Lyrics like these: This is the book I never read; these are the words I never said; this is the path I'll never tread; these are the dreams I'll dream instead; this is the joy that's seldom spread; these are the tears ... the tears we shed; this is the fear; this is the dread; these are the contents of my head. (Why)
  4. And these: Once I had the rarest rose ... that ever deigned to bloom. (Love Song for a Vampire)
  5. Also: Take this gilded cage of pain and set me free; take this overcoat of shame, it never did belong to me. (Gift)
  6. She is from Scotland. As a student there, she studied the flute.
  7. She is technically an alto, but has a range of 4 octaves.
  8. She married (& divorced) a Hare Krishna monk.
  9. Her reputed best friend is Chrissie Hynde.
  10. Her birthday is on Christmas.

Did you enjoy this post?
If so, you might also like:

10 of the Countless Reasons Why I Want to Hurl My Naked Body Against Peter Gabriel
10 Reasons Why I Can't Get Enough of Tori Amos

9 comments:

Phain said...

I've always found her captivating...

Green Fish said...

I just love cool music chicks. Chrissie Hynde, Patty Smith, Biff Naked, and Meg White are a few more that really exude rock'n'roll cool

Monkey said...

I can never hear that song "Why" without crying. And Chrissie Hynde is a goddess. A goddess I tell you!

B.E. Earl said...

Annie Lennox is awesome, but I gotta agree with monkey...Chrissie Hynde is a goddess!

She was one of my first crushes and she remains a sexy beast to this very day. Yum.

Kat said...

Annie is a god. Love the suits. I've always preferred a sexy suit to a dress any day.

miss kendra said...

"don't ask me why" makes me cry.

Freewheel said...

"If you enjoyed this post..."

I give it 3 1/2 stars.

Bill said...

I like Annie. Always have. "Put a Little Ove in Your Heart" ... Annie Lennox and Al Green - what could be better than that?

Bill said...

Oops ... Put a Little LOVE in Your Heart ... as opposed to Ove.