September 04, 2006

The things that emerge when I am left to my own devices.

Walking on the street in Manhattan (on the big night), I spotted this window. After urinating spontaneously, I snapped a picture so that you could share in my horror. What the crazy blue f*** is this world of ours coming to?!?

Why would anyone give a baby such a rattle? They are fuzzy amputees. Mockeries of the full-bodied animals they could be. That they long to be. Trapped in limbless bodies, to be grasped in a fist and shaken, gummed, lactated upon. It's sick!




I've been playing round after round of
hold my pint. I can't get enough of it; it's the closest I can get to being drunk, myself.

By the way ... Estonians would never name a child Nina, because it means Nose.

I must learn to knit, if only to make these wonderful little egg caps for keeping my soft-boiled egg nice and cozy until I bash it open.


These are my mother's. A childhood memory emerges, of eggs in egg cups, each with its own hat; mine had the yellow; for it was my favorite color.


My twin sister's egg cap was blue. Later, when Tuuna Taco came along, she had red or green.


Now here's the best idea I've seen in a while. Wheelchairs for the beach! Check out those tires. Leave it to Coast Guard Beach to know what's what. Kudos to the Cape Cod National Seashore!!

8 comments:

Redneck Nerdboy! said...

Funny stuff girl! Manhattan has all this and more, I'll bet! Unfortunately, this redneck has no need for any of them, but those wheel chairs are cool as hell!

People in general are made to give the rest of us entertainment, I'm firmly convinced. I'm one of them!

:)
Always,
Jas...

miss kendra said...

shall i make you some egg cozys?

Freiya said...

those wheelchairs are pretty fab! unlike those monstrous baby rattles, which are just weird and erm...limbless, why would you traumatise a baby with that?

Mr. Cabrera said...

Creepy!!

Haha!!

Bill said...

Eggs with knitted hats - I remember those. As I recall, I also had an egg cup thing. It was a little man who, when without an egg, had no cranium. Rather an alarming image when you think of it. With an egg, basically you eat the brains right out of his head.

Is it any wonder people are warped?

jamwall said...

your rattle hunting for fuzzy amputees both scares me and turns me on at the same time.

jiggs said...

GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!

Madge said...

i heart a good egg cup.