December 04, 2005

O The Horror

Some astute readers have picked up on my subtle dislike of Teddy Bears Dressed as Other Things (TDBOT), and have found examples far and wide throughout their individual corners of Blogland. It is my hope that increased exposure to this perversion will help me to feel OK about it. From looking at these photos, however ... it's unlikely.


Miss Kendra sends this specimen. Not too bad; it's just a bear in clothing. Still not right, though. Animals don't need clothing, that's why they have fur.


Cupcake sends this disturbing image of Bears as Wizard of Oz. I will forever dream of the bear-as-tinman, thanks a freaking lot.


Fritz sends this deeply disturbing Bear as Skeleton, which I think is supposed to be a Halloween costume. The portrayal of a bear skeleton as identical to a human skeleton makes me question my roots and those of all of humanity.


This bears posting again, because it is just so very wrong. Quilting Girl's find, Bear as Lobster, is still #1 in my Book of TBDOT Horrors.

... and finally, while not a manifestation of TBDOT per se, this outrage. Just what the heck is going on?!?!?! Thanks to Cupcake for her quick thinking in bringing this to our attention.

Please keep your eyes peeled for further examples of TBDOT and send them to psychoanalysis@freakybearstuff.com

19 comments:

Rrramone said...

I love this. My mom (rest her soul) gave me 3 bears with the names Moe, Larry and Curly on them. Does that count? In addition, she collected well over a thousand bears, and I have some kick ass photos of her "bear room" if you're interested. It may explain some of my issues. :-)

jiggs said...

I love bears dressed as other things... FOR BREAKFAST!

Suck it bears dressed as other things!

Walt said...

But SG... people have fur, too... ;-p

DaMasta said...

OOooOoh, those little babies dressed as bears look so wonderful...... FOR ME TO POOP ON!

mr_g said...

That last picture was scary. And now we know where teletubbies come from and how they start out!

Lee Ann said...

hum...babies dressed as bears!
that is as strange as bears dressed as other things.

miss kendra said...

i still think the cheerleader bear is terrifying.

JJ said...

Considering that the teddy bear got its start because Teddy Roosevelt gunned its mother down in cold blood, I'm not sure why these damn things are so popular. What next? Stuffed baby seals?

LBseahag said...

I despise those scary babies in costume...
thanks a lot, i will not sleep tonight...and it is all your fault...

Cupcake said...

Those babies in the eggs... scared the crap outta me. Those were in a store filled with nothing but Anne Geddes merchandise. A WHOLE STORE!

The Wizard of Oz bears... bizarre!

JODSTER said...

To think those build a bear stores are just per5petuating this over and over...

And curse you Anne Geddes! Leave the kids alone..

lime said...

this is a bit frightening. i never considered it before

Bobby said...

the baby dolls have always creeped me out.

worse than mannequins even.

Kris said...

FTLOG. I won't sleep after that last one. A sea of sleeping things.

Monkey said...

The crab/lobster bears are a plague up here. A plague I tell you! It's not pretty.

I have some that I will send to you one day when I am organized. Many days from now.

FRITZ said...

Are you off the hiatus?
Honestly, I found like twenty bears wearing costumes the other day.

Apparently, I collect them subconciously.

kimberlina said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

kimberlina said...

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Weary Hag said...

They're all a little bit scary but that last picture takes the cake. What in the H E double hockey stix is that? Are they all sitting in half egg shell devices? I don't even want to KNOW what this is all about. I doubt I'll sleep tonight thanks to this photo. You've destroyed me I tell ya, destroyed me.

(come see my latest VERY SHORT post... if anyone can do it justice, I KNOW you can!)