October 28, 2005

Tagged, Dammit! Warning: May Contain Lies

Used Hack tagged me to play this fun little game. The bastard. No really, I love you (second-cousin style). I tag Lulu, Dane, Madge, and Calzone.


1. Do you try to look hot when you go to the grocery store just in case someone recognizes you from your blog?

Yes, I try to look hawt, but only so that I can fine-tune my skewering skills with the meat guy.

2. Are the photos you post Photoshopped or otherwise altered?

Sometimes.

3. Do you like it when creeps or dorks e-mail you?

I'll let you know when it happens. Since I am sort of a creep and a dork, they'd have to be pretty bad to creep me out.

4. Do you lie in your blog?

I think the things that are lies are obvious, unless you are a journalist. I will exaggerate for the sake of humor. I don't consider it lying; I consider it artistic license. Read the disclaimer in my subheading! It's my blog, dammit!

5. Are you passive-aggressive in your blog?

Hmmm, trying to imagine what that would look like. "I will hold my breath until you do this tag" ? I am passive-aggressive in life, so I am sure it must leak into my blogging self.

6. Do you ever threaten to quit writing so people will tell you not to stop?

Oooh! That's a great idea! I need to be stroked constantly!

7. Are you in therapy? If not, should you be? If so, is it helping?

Not at the moment; sure, talking to a professional couldn't hurt.

8. Do you delete mean comments? Do you fake nice ones?

I have deleted my own mean comments from others' blogs, like when I was calling that girl a "ho" a while back. I also delete spam, and I deleted some anonymous asshole who wrote "are you a fucking drunk whore?" because I thought it gave away too much of my identity, which I'm trying to protect. Fake nice comments...you mean, like to myself? Ummm, no. That's like sending flowers to myself! Which...I have done. So maybe I will start writing fake comments to myself. I need to constantly stroke myself.

9. Have you ever rubbed one out while reading a blog?

No, you sickies! Jeez, what do you think I am, an animal?!? I wait until afterwards, like a lady!

10. If your readers knew you in person, would they like you more or like you less?

All people love me. All must flock to me! Except those that won't (see #25).


11. Do you have a job?

Yes, I have the best job in the whole world.

12. If someone offered you a decent salary to blog full-time without restrictions, would you do it?

Yes, as long as I have the option of waiting until I have good stuff, and don't have to post "something" every day. And if I could be totally anonymous, so I could be dirty. Hmmm, maybe I'll do that anyhow.

13. Which bloggers do you want to meet in real life?

Just one (yeah you).

14. Which bloggers have you made out with? (a) In real life? (b) In fantasy?

(a) 13 humans (my lips on the monitor; that counts, right?), two stuffed animals, and one lava lamp.
(b) As if I would tell you that.

15. Do you usually act like you have more money or less money than you really have?

Huh? I don't know how "acting like money" goes. I spend all my freaking money at Starbucks. So which one is that?

16. Does your family read your blog?

Yes, much to their daily angst. They like it (right?).

17. How old is your blog?

4 months. Ish. Wow, I'
ve written a lot of stuff in 4 months. I am tired. I need to lie down now.

18. Do you get more than 1000 page views per day? Do you care?
I never did that math; it seems a little complex. I love my little counter; it proves that all the people are flocking to the sound of my little fife, and following me out of Hamlin town. Come on, people!

19. Do you have another secret blog in which you write about being depressed, slutty, or a liar?
Wow, that's another good idea. But I'm none of those things. I suppose I could become 2 out of 3 of them for the sake of the Muse.

20. Have you ever given another blogger money for his/her writing?

Not for their writing, no.

21. Do you report the money you earn from your blog on your taxes?

I don't make any money. I refuse to be Blogger.com's whore. This is a labor of love, dammit! I am an artiste!!

22. Is blogging narcissistic?

what? I didn't hear you; I was busy studying my face in the mirror.

23. Do you feel guilty when you don't post for a long time?
Not guilty so much as anxious. I feel like my creativity is drying up. I find a 3-day break does wonders in getting the juices back up & flowing.

24. Do you like John Mayer?

I don't have any room for squares, so no. Plus, my body is my own wonderland.

25. Do you have enemies?

Probably.

26. Are you lonely?

Sometimes. Aren't you?

27. Why bother?

Because I only have this one life to live.

20 comments:

Spinning Girl said...

Dear Spinning Girl,
Everything you say is brilliant. You are a vision of loveliness. You are kind and generous, and you dress stylishly. I sooo wish I were you.
Sincerely,
Anonymous blogger

Spinning Girl said...

oops

Harry Yak said...

dear spinning girl,
everything you say is brilliant. you are a vision of loveliness. you are kind and generous, and you dress stylishly. i sooo wish i were you.
sincerely,
anonymous blogger

Harry Yak said...

oops










all will herd to you.

Bobby said...

You and Harry said it all. Love you!

mr_g said...

#28 Is John Mayer one of your enemies and do you secretly worry that he's writing cheesy, adolescent songs about you?

Walt said...

I need to be stroked constantly!

For a moment I was hopeful, but then...

I need to constantly stroke myself.

*sigh*

Used Hack said...

Thanks, Spinning Girl.

My post today was for you too. Go ahead, get that song out of your head. I dare you. :)

tuuna taco said...

The answer to question #16 is yes. It's my favorite part of each day.

Lulu said...

Ah, but I have done this tag! Right here!

miss kendra said...

dear spinning girl

you are swell.

El Coruchero said...

Olá! I am Portuguese and I adore to know new people and new cultures! I search blogs of the whole world daily…
if to desire to make a visit to mine blog is the address here.
www.elcoruchero.blogspot.com

Spinning Girl said...

Oh GREAT, Portuguese spam. Fucking filho d’uma égua.

The Seeker said...

Your answers to this are hilarious. Thanx.

la mistress said...

That's the way uh huh uh huh...

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

#6 is such a pain in the ass. When I see people blogging that they are getting all tired of it and going to quit I say good riddence. There's 4 billion other blogs to read out there.

Monkey said...

Dear Spinning Girl,
Everything you say is brilliant. You are a vision of loveliness. You are kind and generous, and you dress stylishly. I sooo wish I were you.
Sincerely,
Anonymous blogger

Monkey said...

Have I told you lately that you rock?? Seriously. And if I am one of the stuffed animals (though I will not admit to being stuffed), I am so flattered that I wet myself.

We love you here at the Monkey House!

LBseahag said...

you kick ass...

I am having fun catching up on your life this week...

bricotrout said...

spinner, you are a vision of loveliness... oh, mi relampago de lava es SU relampago de lava. cuando que lo quiere!