August 10, 2005

Mary Had a Little Lamb Pudding

I’ve been on this Greek Yogurt kick for a while now, ever since my lovely friend A. (A for Anyhoo) introduced it to me.

It is so delicious; it’s plain cow’s milk yogurt, and deliciously creamy. I add 2 Splendas, whip it into a froth, and eat it plain … or with blueberries if I’m feeling courageous.

While not everyone agrees on the deliciousness of it (my friend Leigh Yung Li thinks it tastes like Sour Cream Made in Hell by Satan’s Imps), we must all agree that, for plain yogurt, it’s quite exceptional.

Mistake was made yesterday.

Spinning Girl went to market and accidentally picked up:



Notice the labeling; not your ordinary bovine product. Nay (or should I say neigh?), this was an entirely different yogurt altogether.

You know how you go to the
Big E* and walk past the pens of sheep & goats, and you get that not-so-subtle whiff of lanolin and poopebble-laced hay?

That is what this yogurt tasted like.

Maybe I’m just not used to sheep’s milk, or goat’s milk. I do like feta and goat cheeses. However, I’ve never felt like I sucked them
straight from the teats of the animal like I did with this product.

It also had these random lumps in it, sort of like watered-down tapioca. Mmmmm.

Now, maybe I just got a bad batch. I did buy several of them, and now they are all flocked in my fridge, waiting for me.

Bleating to be let out.

I have an idea that I’ll be releasing these little lambs back to nature
, though. Yes sir, yes sir ... three bags full.

* Giant agri expo

Spinning Girl apologizes to
Fage USA, Inc. for this unsolicited testimonial. Your other yogurts are the best thing I’ve ever eaten (almost)! I would be happy to appear in one of your commercials. I love you Fage! Especially that big, strong boy who cleans the culture tank, Nicola. Now that's creamylicious.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I went to Mexico with some friends once.. and we order this huge ass bowl of queso... not even thinking that in Mexico they used goats milk.. we all dipped in.. and then ran to the bathroom to barf..

Goats milk is gross :/

B.O.B.I. said...

I wonder who first said, "I really like milk, but my mom's dried up, so I think I'll squeeze this largish, quadripedal, incredibly docile mammal's things-near-its-pelvic-region in the hopes that it will provide me with my frothy substance. I mean, if I like my mom's milk (and I do) this has to be even better, right?

RocksAndChairs said...

Hey thanks for the comment!

Aw I hate when you get something home and realize its not what you wanted and then to top it off it tastes like SHIT!

Spinning Girl said...

BOBI, bent over double with your comment. You are king.

Li Yung Lee said...

It's interesting, I did some thinking about the fact that sheep and goat's milk products are for sale in your everyday grocery store. It occured to me that if I were meant to eat (or drink) actual sheep or goat's milk, my mother would have been a sheep or a goat. I mean doesn't that just make sense? Well, it is true that I rarely obtain my dairy products from her nipples anymore anyway (except when I am running really low on cash or haven't had protein in my diet in a while), so you might wonder why I would eat something made of cow's milk if my mother isn't a cow. Good question. Even I can't answer that one for you. Somehow it seems more socially acceptable and less yucky I guess. I have never been a big fan of dairy anyway...it always kind of struck me as yucky (i am sure i could find a more intelligent word than "yucky" but you get the point). So, I am not a huge dairy fan. Well, I Know I am not a dairy fan. I hope I am not huge (I will refer back to definition and description of FUPA).
I wonder if you could disguise your remaining goat's milk yogurt so that it is palatable, serve it, and tell your unwitting eaters AFTER the meal is done--"HA HA you just ate goat's milk!"
OR put a little on your shirt and say "I love this shirt--I can't believe i am lactating goat's milk again. damn!"

Chark Hammis said...

But, goat head cheese on the other hand....

Mmmmmmmmmmmm-mmm!