August 20, 2005

Highlights (with apologies to the casual friday) of My Vacation

1. Sleeping in every day until at least 6:15

2. Staying sober by chanting the Serenity Prayer inside my head while everyone around me is cracking open beer cans.

3. Coveting a set of matching beach chairs like this family:



4. Finding sand in a place where I didn't even know I had a place.


5. Starting a little seaweed greenhouse under my boobs.


6. Practicing for my English Channel swim in 58 degree water.


7. Shopping at Christmas Tree Shops on a rainy day. With a huge, aisle-hogging shopping cart.


8. Eating a full plate of perfect mussels, the last of which tastes like low tide.


9. Sharing the sunset with a group of screaming 14-year-olds and a large flock of biting gnats.


10. Making a new friend on the beach:

10 comments:

babyjewels said...

Is that "Turdie", the official mascot of the Cape?

Danius Maximus said...

OMFG! you found domo-kun at the beach! did he eat your soul? ahhh it doesn't matter. I'd still like you soulless...sounds like good times overall. especially the screaming kids.

B.O.B.I. said...

That's fuggin' awesome! Domokun attacked the beach!?

How's that booby seaweed coming? I hear they pay special for that in Japan, home of your new, frightening, soul-eating friend.

Monkey's Pathetic Human said...

7. Shopping at Christmas Tree Shops on a rainy day. With a huge, aisle-hogging shopping cart.

Love the photo!

babyjewels said...

I googled domo-kun and I still don't know what it is.

please don't mock me.

PBS said...

Hope you had some fun inbetween the highlights listed!

B.O.B.I. said...

Google "Domokun". No hyphen.

He's a mascot for a hit Japanese radio station, and he's been used for all sorts of silly shit, like "Please, think of the kittens".

Unfortunately, I've killed so many kittens it just doesn't matter anymore.

Spinning Girl said...

I am obsessed with domo-kun at this time. I must find out all that I can. BOBI, I thought you might appreciate my photoshop skills. See how I cropped the grass to cover his body, then sent him to the back? I rock!

It's harder to live now, though--he did eat my soul.

And PBS, I don't know what you mean--those WERE the fun parts.

Today I had boob grass and feta cheese salad for lunch. It was delish. My gal pal Leigh Yung Li sampled some of it and said she'd never had its equal.

Fredo Teabaggins said...

I shaved a chick's chest once. Does the leftover hair count as boob grass?

UberGoober said...

OMG, What beach do you go to, and can I get there as well. I have a grudge match of Beach Volleyball to play with Domo-Kun.

He is the coolest.