2. Staying sober by chanting the Serenity Prayer inside my head while everyone around me is cracking open beer cans.
3. Coveting a set of matching beach chairs like this family:
4. Finding sand in a place where I didn't even know I had a place.
5. Starting a little seaweed greenhouse under my boobs.
6. Practicing for my English Channel swim in 58 degree water.
Shopping at Christmas Tree Shops on a rainy day. With a huge, aisle-hogging shopping cart.
8. Eating a full plate of perfect mussels, the last of which tastes like low tide.
9. Sharing the sunset with a group of screaming 14-year-olds and a large flock of biting gnats.
10. Making a new friend on the beach: