June 04, 2005

Clash of Titans (Round II Continues)

The LOTR competition continues, albeit at a plodding pace. It appears that, at the conclusion of this post, a hiatus of undetermined length will be taken. When BOBI is suitably rested, he will post questions for me to finish out the round at least. Round III ("Laying Siege to the Tower") will be postponed indefinitely. Spinning Girl would like to add that one ought not accept the challenge of such a battle unless one is prepared to take the ass-whupping fully, with gusto and with grace.

Round II : Wielding My Staff
Intermediate Level
Spinning Girl's Questions and BOBI's answers:
  1. What is the full name (3 words) of the great Eagle that rescues Gandalf from Orthanc?
  2. What item(s) did Sam find hardest to throw away when lightening his load as he neared Mount Doom?
  3. What name do hobbits give to any old items that they cannot bring themselves to throw out?
  4. Azog, an orc, kills Thrór in Moria and severs his head. What word does he brand on Thrór's forehead as a message to all of Dwarfkind?
  5. Who describes him/herself as Eldest?

1. (R) Gwaihir, Lord of Eagles?(1) Gwaihir the Windlord

2. (R) His cookware? (2) Correct!

3. (R) Mathom (2) Correct!

4. (R) Azog (2) Correct!

5. (R) Tom Bombadil (2) Correct!

Score after 1.5 rounds:

Spinning Girl: 18

BOBI: 18

Look, we're tied!!!

12 comments:

B.O.B.I. said...

Awesome... I only have to ask questions of such astounding magnitude that you score 0 points for your half of the round and we can call it a draw!

Ugh...

::prepares noose for himself::

B.O.B.I. said...

And by the way... I can take the whooping with grace. Gusto, however, has never been my forte.

I would also like to add that we make a very unusual-looking couple.

An elf... I ain't.

Spinning Girl said...

It just sounded like you were bowing out. Glad you're still in, Mighty One.

Danius Maximus said...

hey I like your profile avatar. always wondered what you really look like. Me likey. and keep guessing on the mystery sound. I'll give you a hint. Its not pie. or us. never said it was us.

synaesthetica said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Madge said...

[insert comment that has nothing to do with this post HERE]

Just read one of your classic posts - the contents on the outside of your fridge - loved it! As my grandma would say, it is always time for a prune.

LBseahag said...

more wasabi peanuts!

Harry Yak said...

little known fact...i'm the illegitamte son of king brego of rohan (can you name my 3 half brothers?) any how the great and mighty john ronald reuel fails to make mention of me in his books. hurumph to that. here is a picture of me with my rohirrim hat on.

man im hot

Sleep Goblin said...

Do you change your profile picture every time for those posts? And do you draw them by hand in paint or something? I'm intrigued by your disguises.

Harry Yak said...

sleep goblin - yes i change my profile pic everytime for those posts. yes i draw them myself. yes i use the powerful paint program as i do not have any other drawing programs. (i love to draw) you will see some of my work somtime. ( i love your avatar. keep kicking!)

spinning girl - the first "real room" of the yak house is complete. i deleted the other test rooms. hopefully all the rooms to follow won't be as "sucky" as the one you loved so much!

Spinning Girl said...

ha HAAAA! I am loving the helmet.
My avatar's up to its old tricks.

FRITZ said...

SG:

I can't take much more of this Lord of the Rings thing. So, I am glad to hear the elves and dwarves and wizards and hairy footed ones will be on hiatus for awhile.

But! I did want to let you know that I have been keeping my eye on you, and hope you are doing well.

I'm still looking for work. But I haven't been trying as hard as I should be, because I'm totally without goals. Hmm.

Um, so, I'll stop the verbal vomit here. Hope all is well.